2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews 9

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
A True American Hot Rod
By Phil Purdin on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It was the end of the year (2003) and I needed a new car. I went shopping without any particular model in mind and ended up with this Mustang GT Coupe. At age 55 I must say this is the most fun I've had for decades. I've been driving those 4-cylinder, gas-saving imports for way too long. The Mustang is sheer fun with great performance. The mileage is as good as my wife's Grand Cherokee straight six, when I keep my foot out of it. It cruises beautifully in the 75-80mph range which makes it tough out here in California with so many 55mph two-lane stretches.

SVT Lemon
By Trae on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Unfortunately, I would recommend against purchasing this car. The transmission has been serviced 6 times since purchase and the convertible top, twice. The car left me on the road the second day I had it. To make matters worse, Don Bohn Ford refused to repair the car. Currently, the car is pending replacement from the Ford Arbitration board and I may have to seek an attorney to replace it.

My 03 Mach 1
By cl-m1m on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had issues with the A/C not working. It was under warranty so FMC fixed it. However, there was some mumbling at the dealership about seeing Mustangs coming back with similar issues with the A/C. Go figure. Gas mileage is poor, but you don't drive this car to save gas.

Mach 1
By RickTrone on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car! Not new to Mustangs but this is the best so far. Interior is getting old on design but is still great. Exterior on the Mach 1 is just awesome. Great performance. Great bang for the buck overall! Excellent engine. Awesome brakes! The seats are the best in a Mustang yet. Highly recommend this car for the muscle car lover.

this is it
By desghgfcjkfghkcvgxcg on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I think that this car should be in the worlds top 3 best cars that exist!!!!

Love my Pony!
By Red Pony on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a year & still love driving it every chance I get. I wouldn't trade it for any other ragtop out there. The ride is a little choppy at times, but that adds to the sports car feel. It gets great gas mileage on the highway for a V8 (23-24), much better than around town (16-18) so of course I take it out on the highway any chance I get. It looks great & draws attention everywhere it goes. Who can't resist a bright red Mustang ragtop?

Real Muscle Car
By Xina on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If You want a real "MUSCLE CAR" the Mustang GT is the way to go. There is no pussy-footing around in this beast. Put be prepared to drive.... This is no V6 passanger style. The GT has a rugged suspention so as to feel the road and the power that the car holds. It's Bullish apearance mimics the muscle beneath the hood. Old fasion power when you hit the excelorater and a new tight handling that reins far above the squirrly handling of the V6. Do not try to compare the beast to the puppy. They are not in the same class. Piorities for purchasing are: Looking "HOT" Driving like you mean it and simple quality at its finest. And the sound system Rocks!

Bang for the Buck!
By Mike Knoffler on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have a 10th Anniversary Edition with the all leather seats and red inserts. (prefer this over the fake suede) With only around $1,500 in mods ( Exhaust, pulley,chip,CAI,shifter) it puts down 450RWHP ~500 at the motor. The stock Goodyear F1's are useless, Drag radials are a must. With Nitto 315 555r's was able to run the 1/4 in 11.89 at 120.1mph with a mediocre 1.89 60ft. This car has some pull, anything below 50mph on street tires is gonna go up in smoke. If your looking for more performance than this slap on a Kenne Bell or Whipple and push over 625rwhp on the stock long block its fully forged to handle up to 700hp.

2003 GT Conv.
By DeRosaBob on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Other than expected chassis flex this has been a zero defect car.Standard radio/6 CD changer is very good even at freeway speeds with the top down. Top fits much better than my 1986 GT Conv. There is very little tire road inside the cabin -- even less than a friend's 2004 Accord. Surprisingly quiet ride with top up. Fuel economy (18.4 mpg) is nothing to brag about but then my foot can be very heavy at times. At least it uses 89 octane. It is not as fast as my WRX but then "chicks dig it." If this is an example of current Ford quality then I can recommend it wholeheartedly!

Love my Mustang Convertible
By gramfire6 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

So far, this car has been very good for me. It has a lot of style, gets very good mileage, and everyone who has ridden in it has been impressed. We plan to keep it for many years.