Used 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Helpful|
By r mullis

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

gas mileage sucks but the performance is the best i have ever experienced in a stock car.stops well too

Favorite Features

0-60 fun

Suggested Improvements

body styling could be more like saleens

Going, going, gone!
By scottyg

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Great value for the money. This car will give 'Vette owners, including the Z06ers, nightmares, if they don't know how to drive their car-and there are many of those out there. Priced about 15k less than a Z06 too. Overall build quality, fit and finish of ugly plastic could be better. Next generation should improve in these areas.

Favorite Features

Great power/handling combination. Good standard sound system. Subtle looks-no garish graphics or 3 foot high spoiler on the back. Driver's seat can be adjusted to fit anyone comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

SVT/Ford need to fix this MAJOR problem: engine cuts off during braking/downshifting causing loss of power to steering and braking (Deadly)

Dreamcar
By Seraphim990

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The best car in the market at the price they sell for. A sports car with 390 HP for less than $35,000.00, WOW. Very fun to drive. This car attracts attention everywhere I go. Yes, it turns a lot of heads in town. The Eaton supercharger sounds really nice when you punch it. That's what this car was made for. And finally, a Mustang has to be the most upgrade friendly car in the market.

Favorite Features

Supercharger, embroidered Cobra on suede seats w/ Italian leather. Terminator package i.e. hood, spoiler. Strong & loud motor.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's an SVT. SVT cars spoil the driver.

2003 Cobra
By Alton

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I drive for fun and use as a work car. The only problem I have had with the car is a noisy rear end which the dealer replaced under warranty within the first year. I am making about 500 rear wheel HP with pulley/chip, etc. I twisted a spline on the left half shaft at the drag strip with drag radials. That is the only problems I have had. This car is the most fun to drive, easiest to modify, and the most controllable car I have driven. It has never gotten out of control no matter how hard I drive it, wet or dry!

Favorite Features

Power and handling. AC is cold and does not seem to affect the power. The suede leather seats hold you in place while cornering and are warm in the winter, but not hot in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements needed unless you are going to race it regularly.

Grandpa's Toy
By armynod

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had my sights on a Mustang SVT for a while. I held off buying because of the production issues with the Mustang Cobra. When the supercharged model came out I decided it was time. Best car I've owned. I got a great price, $31.6k without having to haggle. The power and handling makes for a very fun car to drive. The original Goodyear Eagle tires stick to the curves like the car is on rails.

Favorite Features

Supercharger, sound system, transmission, IRS, power seat/lumbar/bolsters, handling

Suggested Improvements

Shifter, rear wheel hop suppression