Used 2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love my '03 GT, but ....
By Nathan

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the Mustang, but they need to build them better. My car looks great, especially with the chrome wheels. It's fast, handles great, but it does eat gas, which I guess is to be expected. And my car has problems starting once in a while when I start and stop it several times. It doesn't have that instant start that it should. Stereo is great and I love the 6 disc CD. The leather could be nicer, and it gets to be a little uncomfortable driving after a while. I think they should offer more options like heated seats or heads up display or something. The seat belts are no fun for the driver and passenger. It never retracts well and its always getting stuck.

The looks, the engine, the wheels.

More options, nicer leather, fix the starter problem and get better seat belts.

Just Plain Fun
By dbucfan

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Most fun I have had driving a car. Since the wife got the minivan for her and our three children, I wanted a car for me. This fits the bill perfectly! Fun to drive, exhaust note is exhilarating, performance is outstanding and it has the potential to do so much more!

Mach 1 wheels, 4.6 V8.

Seat belt retractors stink!

Mustang Lover
By ponyxpress

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Even though this is only the second Mustang of this body style and the fact the the 05s are out, I love this car. The Mustang has everything that I had been looking for and leaves plenty of options to upgrade to make the car personally yours.

5 speed trans, the net cargo space on the roof

Ford has made them with the 05.

A True American Hot Rod
By Phil Purdin

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It was the end of the year (2003) and I needed a new car. I went shopping without any particular model in mind and ended up with this Mustang GT Coupe. At age 55 I must say this is the most fun I've had for decades. I've been driving those 4-cylinder, gas-saving imports for way too long. The Mustang is sheer fun with great performance. The mileage is as good as my wife's Grand Cherokee straight six, when I keep my foot out of it. It cruises beautifully in the 75-80mph range which makes it tough out here in California with so many 55mph two-lane stretches.

I love the body style and painted wheels with low-profile tires. The overall handling response is really tight and gives the driver a real sense of security in quick maneuvering. The stick shift, V8 combo is pure excitement.

A six-speed tranny would have been a good addition. A little too much lag between 4th & 5th.

2003 Mustang GT
By R. Eggert

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If there is any moisture on the road, be very careful. If it snows, leave the car home, it is useless. It won't move in the snow. The power is nice, handling decent on dry ground, car looks good and sounds good. A fair weather car.

6 changer CD