Used 2003 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Always reliable
By gareth

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The mustang has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever driven. It has not broken down since it was first leased to someone else in 2002, and it is still putting along at 23000 with only oil changes in its history.

The exterior is beautiful; just like the mustang tradition.

I Love this car
By WildWallula

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I researched and did all my homework before purchasing, and am still happy. What a great American Muscle Car.

all around great look. I'ts a guy magnet too!! Nice stereo. Horsepower

Seatbelt tangles easily

Mustang, My Mustang
By Nicole World

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car used from a local dealer with only 7300 miles on it. The engine is in great condition and the interior is like new. The overall performance and look of this car is just excellent to us. I cannot tell you how many looks we get from people at intersections and on the highway. I am tempted to start a tally. We have the standard Mustang with Deluxe and Pony options so it does not look like any of the other Mustangs in my area. A real head turner. The handling is just wonderful on it. We feel very safe and comfortable riding and driving this beautiful machine.

The exterior looks as well as the comfort of the bucket seats.

Most cars I have ever seen have the gear shifter in the middle of the center isle between the driver and passenger seats. Ford has decided to put the shifter way up front. Maybe it was to prevent an accidental knock to the shifter from elbows and hands.

GREAT PERFORMANCE BUT....
By BIG PT

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My mistang is great to drive and a thrill to launch on to a freeway except when there are cops around. very fun to pull up to little riced out hondas and then smoke them with a stock v6 mustang. Very nice suspension and great handling. the engine sounds great but the exaust could be upgraded to sound a little better. THERE IS NO OTHER CAR IN ITS CLASS (in production anymore)

low end torque and quick launch off of the line, great power at all the gears after 2000 rpms. gets you up to speed fast! a real "chick picker upper" chicks love this car

the plastic door panels rattle like none other when i turn up my "premium" stereo 1/3 way and ford won't fix. head light switch thing is a little strange. COPS LOVE MY CAR

Gotta love it!
By lizpercell

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The 2003 Mustang is truly a fun car to drive! Even with the automatic V6, I've got plenty of pick up for highway driving. Mine is a real head-turner in bright red.

I really like the traction control feature...living in the midwest, we have some icy and snowy winters. So far, I've been impressed with how the car has handeled these conditions. (It's been a mild winter though).

My only real complaint: The plastic rings that hold back the upper part of the shoulder belts are awkward. Sometimes the buckle gets caught in it, and it is difficult to pull the belt through.