2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Geck's 02 Mustang GT
By Geckozoid on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Where else could I go for a sporty car with a V8, manual transmission and rear wheel drive, all for under $25K? The engine performance is great, needs better suspension. $6 grand for a Griggs suspension looks like the most effective fix available. The seats leave much room for improvement. Uncomfortable on long trips, virtually zero side support, and being leather occupants slide around when cornering. I'm 6' tall and have to drive with the seat all the way back, and the back of the seat to its furthest back position. Power seat is not very adjustable, seatback position is manual.

Perfect Road Warrior
By Steven N on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When I first bought the car I was deciding between the Mach 1 or the 03 Cobra. I chose the Mach 1 mainly because of the lower cost and I liked the fact that it was non-supercharged. I love this car and am extremely glad I bought it. It can easily eat up any camaro and with a little work corvettes too. I havn't ran it on the track yet so I am not sure of what it runs number wise.

The Fabulous 3.8L
By mustange14 on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The over all performance of the 3.8L V6 is very exceptional, take offs are quick and I found to be just as enjoyable to drive as the 4.6L V8. The new Pony Package adds extra interest to the exterior of the car and gets quite a few long stares from fellow motorists.

Bad Ass Machine
By TopRacer on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is the best to drive. You mash the throttle at any RPM and the car just launches you forward and you GO! The comfort and ergonomics of the interior seats are great. I wish they were a little further back, but hey. The rush you will recieve when you drive this car is unbelievable. I would recommend this car to anyone that doesn't mind the 15mpg but loves the 390hp and 390ft/lbs of torque on tap. The car is easily modified also. There are owners out there as of Jan '03 that are pushing 500+hp from the stock motor. The car was made to handle the power and it sure does.

FORD,S RULE!!!!!
By lissamel on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third new mustang GT and I absolutely love them. Performance is excellent! The way it handles can not be beat! Speed and acceleration.....well, go drive one it is awesome. The only thing I have to say is anyone who does not buy a manual transmission can not appreciate all that a mustang is!!!

The one to buy in 03
By PJC331 on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned several mustangs over the years and like most have been in most other sports/gt cars. The SVT team has outdone themselves this time. Not the easiest to drive at first as the clutch is very heavy and the stick a bit tricky - especially from 2nd to 3rd. Nothing a few more reps in the gym wont cure. This car is a looker, a performer and far and away the best bang-for-your- buck there is. My only complaint - I lost a side scoop one week after buying it...but ford replaced it in a week. They are attached with cheap - and i mean cheap - plastic slots.

Awsome Mustang
By John Garza on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Simply the best, I have driven other sports cars before like the camaro whichs looks bad and is toooo pointy in the front, the firebird, which is nice but i don't like the seats or the inside, the Acura RSX type S is nice but to import like. None of them compare to the look, the feel and everything about the Mustang.

one year review
By pcpham on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The bad. Ergonomics. Headrest isn't there. Shifter too far. Car is way too high in terms of springs. Interior design dates back to 94. Maybe this happens to just my car but you can hear an air leak on the drivers side in freeway speeds. Squeeky rear suspension. Dealer can't figure out what is causing it. The good. The power and handling is pretty good. Lots of fair price aftermarket modifications for it. The exterior design looks very muscular. Too bad for the 2005. Looks like the t- bird route.

Stick it
By Josh Shipcoff on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The 2003 cobra is obviously the best buy on the market putting out 425 horses at the flywheel and chevy stomping performance. Oh and you'll get the ladies.

02 Mustang GT
By MYSLK02 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my sixth Mustang and so far it has been great. The ride is much better than my 1990 5.0 but the interior seems much smaller. The Mach 460 sounds great, wish I had it in my other vehicles.