Used 2003 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I love it!
By 03stangboy

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 V6 Coupe in Nov 2004, with only 17000 miles on it. It is now May 2006 and I've put nearly 22000 miles on it since I bought it. Not a single problem has shown up. Nothing has broken. I change my oil regularly and service my air filter when necessary. I get great performance for my uses. I'm a college student, and driving home on the holidays is such a joy in my Mustang. I think its a GREAT car for anyone. Mine is black, so it has definitely forced me to learn about proper car care and I'm glad for it. I've entered several local car shows and everyone who looks at my car compliments me on how clean it is. The Mustang V6 is a great car for anyone!

Favorite Features

I love the Mach 460 sound system. It really surprises people who ride in my car. They don't expect a Mustang that ISN'T a GT to have such a great sound system, but it does! I also love the design. Its such a great, edgy look that I think really works for the Mustang. The interior is pleasant as well

Suggested Improvements

I would only suggest a little more power, but with so many aftermarket parts available for this model Mustang, more power is very easy to achieve on your own.

MY MUSTANG
By TAMMY

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I think that this is a great car. Ever since I knew what a Mustang was I wanted to get one I would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

I love the stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

That the area where the driver sits be a little longer. My fiance is 6'3" and he has a hard time driving my car cause he is crammed in it. I am 5'7" and have no problems.

2003 Mustang
By Stang

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car for commuting and medium distance trips. Trunk is surprising large and you have even more room if you drop the rear seats. Added a Flowpath chambered muffler and twin tip extension to give it a little better sound. The V-6 has good power, runs well. The 193 net hp V6 is close to the net hp rating of the 1965's 289 HI-PO model. ( 270 gross hp ). Given an much better auto transmission in the 2003, 0-60 times are actually one second better. Hard pressed to trade this in on 2005, even though they are even faster and handle better.

Favorite Features

Appearance, stereo, handling

Suggested Improvements

Better stock tires (235-60-16s), brighter stock headlights - replaced mine with top-end Sylvania. Fog light option; cornering light at night is poor on winding roads in Western, PA.

Red Mustang
By Brooke

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

All I have ever dreamed of was a red Mustang! My dream came true in February of '04. I love my Mustang. It is an awesome car, not to mention that it draws so much attention. I love the color the best. Red is my favorite. I love my car and I wouldn't trade it for anything, except another red Mustang!

Favorite Features

The color red is my favorite feature about my car. I also love the power seats, and the exterior features.

Suggested Improvements

Not so much plastic.

My Pony
By MizzDezz

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've ever driven and although the new Mustang is awesome, I can't bring myself to give up my 2003. It's fun, fast and the envy of everyone. It's given me NO problems whatsoever and my family members constantly beg me to drive it. It's a V6, but feels like a V8 and is truly a pleasure to drive, even in Southern Cal traffic!

Favorite Features

The power, the speed and the look. It's everything you could ever want in a high-performance car, plus the gas mileage ain't bad.

Suggested Improvements

None.