2003 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Nice Ride
By Greg on 08/24/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my GT in 2006 w/23k on it in excellent condition. Now it has about 46k on the odometer. In three years I've replaced a tire (damaged) and a wheel bearing. The drivers door lock sticks, so I have to use the key. The transmission has a light squeal which goes away when you engage the clutch. Otherwise, it is reliable, very fun to drive, and gets good gas mileage. The five speed is fun but a little clunky/heavy to shift. The handling is good but understeers a little too much and the steering is a little slow.

Love My 'Stang
By Atlanta on 08/02/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it used in 2004 with 29k miles on it. It is fun to drive, has decent gas mileage, (mostly drive it around town), and I have had only two repairs. The windshield washer pump went out shortly after purchase, but the dealer fixed it for free and the alternator had to be replaced in Nov. 2007. Other than that, it has been trouble free. My husband is 6'1" and feels very cramped when riding in it, but I'm 5'1" and it's great for me. Not made for 4 people to sit comfortably in it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty, good looking car at a reasonable price. The only Ford car I would buy! Both kids want it when I get tired of it, they might be in for a long wait....

Best car I've ever owned
By mejollyredgiant on 02/25/09 21:30 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

OK I've only had my license for 4 years but I've owned and test driven quite a few cars. By far this is the best and funnest car, for the price, I've ever had. So far all I have had to replace was the battery and the alternator which for me was super easy and took like 5 minutes total in labor. So far I have only put on a short shifter, BBK cold air intake, MAC off road mid-pipes, and an SLP loud mouth cat-back on it, but I hope to do more soon. The worst gas mileage I have ever gotten with this car was 18 mpg city and that's before the mods, which now I never see below 20 mpg city even if I race it and highway is at about 28 mpg being relatively nice to the throttle!

Beauty And The Beast
By jscjarhead on 06/19/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It's great. I got it before I graduated. However I did the mpg myself and I found mine only got 18 mpg in the city. That might just be my Mustang though. Compared to other sport cars that's good. The comfort is great, I feel more comfortable in it than other cars. The car has great control and feels like I'm going 20 when I'm going 60.

03 V6
By lilbit205 on 06/09/08 15:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Mustang in 07. So far it has not given me any major problems. I really enjoy driving it. It's fun, stylish, and gets pretty good gas mileage.

There is no other pony car....period!
By 03 GT 04 Mach1 on 03/15/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Waited 30 years for the experience! I bought her brand new 5 years ago, never regreted a day. The mileage is fine for this kind of car. Just add on some simple bolt on parts and the power picks up even more. It is a premium GT Coupe, so the leather seats make it comfortable on long trips. It has been totally reliable...even the battery is still original. She is pampered..yes, but it takes all I dish out, the (Traction Control light) comes on a lot. That tells you how hard I can be. 25 miles highway, 20 around town. After all these years I love driving it everyday. We love it so much we also now own an 04 Mach1. Keep those new Camaros and Challengers coming out, they'll make a splash and disappear.

Fun, fun
By Jon on 02/22/08 15:21 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just got this car last month, but from what I can see so far it's great. I'm 6ft 185 pounds, and I fit just fine in it, I don't even need the seat all the way back, and 4 people can fit in it, just so long as they aren't huge. I get 20mpg average... and that's with getting on it a few times a day.

Awesome first car
By Jara on 12/25/07 17:34 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I received my Mustang for my first car and I have loved driving it for the past three years. It turns heads, provides the get up and go needed for passing on the interstate and has decent milage for a sports car (averages 20mpg in town and on the highway). I have never had even the slightest problem with the reliability of this vehicle. The only thing that concerns me is that it is totally a warm weather vehicle, in the midwest where we can get a few feet of snow at a time, the RWD and light overall weight of the car just is not safe enough even in town on snow-packed streets. Also, for long drives, even my young back begins to hurt. Even with these criticisms, I still love my Mustang.

What I Was Hoping For
By Teh Gov on 12/06/07 21:16 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Mustang since I was a kid and this car doesn't disappoint. Handles great, fun to drive, good speed. What's not to love?

What more can you ask for
By Whartonmb on 11/11/07 16:16 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Economical purchase, and great fuel economy. Have added flowmasters, MAF, and 75mm throttle body. Car hauls, and still gets 22+ miles per gallon. Fun, fun, fun.