Used 2003 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Worth every penny
By rbowden

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first new car I ever owned, no major complaints after 7 years. Glad I got the V8, awesome power and very fun to drive. Interior lacks some refinement and options that are standard in other vehicles, but probably not in this class.

Favorite Features

V8, 5-disc stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior quality/features.

Great Car!
By Kim

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 6 years. Never had any major mechanical problems. My passenger window has a short in it and it won't work in the summer time. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage

not if you live where there is snow
By marie

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my car but if you live anywhere it snows more than an inch get a winter car I get stuck every where I go when there is snow on the ground and I live in Buffalo NY so 7 months out of the year. I but this car brand new I love the way it looks and drives the clutch could be a little more friendly but other then that I think its a great car for anyone who likes a sporty fun to drive car

Favorite Features

looks, handling

Suggested Improvements

clutch mileage seat belts why bother

Awesome
By Jake

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for over 2 1/2 years and haven't spent a dime in repairs just an oil change every 3000miles. I have a cat-back exhaust and air intake on it. When driving it easy on the highway I have gotten 32mpg! This is the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

You can't beat the sound of a Mustang!

Suggested Improvements

Needed more horsepower from the factory.

Well-built, fun V8
By Vroompshhtsi

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now. The 5 speed manual transmission mixed with the V8 provides tons of fun. I have intake/exhaust/gears done to it. No it's not that fastest car out there but it beats every 4 cylinder that's tried and it keeps up with most other V8s. Nothing mechanically has gone wrong with this car. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. MPG was as low as 18 when I beat on it, but now I'm getting as much as 23 when I'm nicer to it. A great mix of daily driver dependability and V8 fun. My friend's Camaro (97 Z28) broke every other month, it's hard to find a fun V8 that is dependable but this car is one of them!

Favorite Features

Manual transmission. V8 roar. Excellent interior. Mach 460 stereo is amazing, definitely do not need anything louder.

Suggested Improvements

The stock gears leaves something to be desired during acceleration. 4.10 gears fixed this problem. Also, 1-2 shift often grinds, a known problem with this transmission. I just start it in 2nd from a stop, no problem.