Used 2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2003 GT Convertible
By Ruby

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered this car from the dealer in Redfire Metallic with a white top and white leather interior, and a 5-speed transmission. It has the chrome Cobra type spoke wheels that really shine. It is a joy to drive and really turns heads.

The clutch and transmission on this car are great. We have had other Mustangs with manual transmissions and this is the best one so far. Smooth and easy.

The drivers seat could be a little more upright. Even in the most upright position, I can't rest my head on the headrest. I sit up straighter than the seat does.

2003 GT Convertible
By 2ndcarstang

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was looking for a ragtop as my second car and I found an '03 with 3500 miles on it. I've had the car for two months and what a kick in the pants to drive. It has a great sound system (Mach 1000), upgraded wheels, more than enough power, handles tight, I could go on an on. I'm just kicking myself for waiting this long to buy a pony car.

The triple black color (interior, exterior, leather), 260hp, Mach 1000 system and above all the ease of putting the top down

The '05 has them all.

Ford GT Mustang
By Steven Wilmarth

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The heritage lives on. What a wonderful American sports car that combines affordabilty with performance. The GT achieves a 0-60 time in 5.6 seconds and does with style. The premium package is a bargain to add to the GT car. If you're in the market for a fun to drive, reliable and affordable muscle car, this is your ride.

Styling, Mach 460 sound system and handling.

Improve interior materials and cluth pressure plate.

Love my Pony!
By Red Pony

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a year & still love driving it every chance I get. I wouldn't trade it for any other ragtop out there. The ride is a little choppy at times, but that adds to the sports car feel. It gets great gas mileage on the highway for a V8 (23-24), much better than around town (16-18) so of course I take it out on the highway any chance I get. It looks great & draws attention everywhere it goes. Who can't resist a bright red Mustang ragtop?

Tight Stick shift. Dual exhaust sound, V8 power. Decent size trunk if you pack it right. Great red color.

Windows could line up a little tighter. A better cover for the roof when it's down. The factory cover never did lay down right, so I quit using it. It also was a hassle taking it off & trying to store it on road trips. Wouldn't change anything else.

Real Muscle Car
By Xina

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If You want a real "MUSCLE CAR" the Mustang GT is the way to go. There is no pussy-footing around in this beast. Put be prepared to drive.... This is no V6 passanger style. The GT has a rugged suspention so as to feel the road and the power that the car holds. It's Bullish apearance mimics the muscle beneath the hood. Old fasion power when you hit the excelorater and a new tight handling that reins far above the squirrly handling of the V6. Do not try to compare the beast to the puppy. They are not in the same class. Piorities for purchasing are: Looking "HOT" Driving like you mean it and simple quality at its finest. And the sound system Rocks!

Rugid suspention for the perfect feal of a muscle car. Bullish lines, raised front scoop that shows off a powerful look. Kickin exceleration. Tight handling for corners and stoping short when needed. Comfortable power ajustable seats. Great sound system.

Do not create this car in white. It is contrary to the image a V8 Mustang should invoke. When I see them on the road I laugh.... who looks more foolish, the driver or the maker?