Used 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

the mach
By komach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Simply an awesome automobile. This is the 6th mustang ive owned (still have an 87 gt conv). I drive this car daily and have put 90k on it in 3 years. The ONLY thing thats ever been replaced is one set of tires!! The car is occasionally raced @ the dragstrip and drives 60 miles a day on the interstate. It is as still tight as the day i bought it, no squeaks, rattles, or anything, and on top of that, its lowered. The car is a silent predator. In stock trim (mine has been tuned and a few goodies here and there) a stock C6 vette cant stand it in an 8th mile race. You have to do a little tweaking and good driving to handle him in the quarter. Whoever did their homework @ Ford on this got a raise!

shaker hood, old style guages, stance..

6 speed..

Fun Machs
By d3vild0g

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All in all a fun car. Had lots of fun adding bolt ons to make this baby fly. Got to love the dohc motors. Interior Seats a little tight for larger people. ( I'm 6'1" 220lbs). Other than that, its a beaut!

Black is best. Shaker Hood (RAM air) over-all styling

Sell with some of the improved suspension, (increases gas mileage), and other bolt-ons coming stock

Mach won
By Shaun Fisher

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great vehicle since purchase, enjoyable drive from dealership to home (700mi.). Truly the best all around vehicle. Use it for drag racing, daily driving, crusin', sunday drive & etc.

Everything

A twist your arm suggestion, would be extra cubic inches. Personally I'm a 351 person.

Good but could be better
By Josh

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been driving this car since I entered college 3 years ago. Since then I have had to replace a seal on the transmission that left me stranded away from home with my car checked in at the dealership for 2 days and it has developed all kinds of rattles and sqweeks. For some reason Ford made the seats with so much side bolstering that the passenger seat is constantly rubbing against the door, which can become quite annoying on a 300 mile drive half way across Texas. While driving long distances the road noise can be quite tiresome, but around town this usually isn't a problem. Other than that I have no complaints the car runs well, is relatively quick and turns heads.

Throaty V8 exhaust, 5-speed manual transmission, seats really hug you in the corners, real shaker hood, retro style

Passenger side seat as mentioned above. Also forgot that the transmission is a little reluctant to shift into second and reverse when it is cold

Hums like a butterfly, 'stangs like a bee
By Debbie

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the ford Mustangs. I have had three different ones ranging from the 5.0 to the 2003. I can't keep from just looking at it and wanting to drive. I love the torque and the smoothness in the way it handles. I have had so may other sports cars want to race and my 'stang has never let me down. If you're looking for a car to look sweet in this is the one to have. I would recommend if you haven't driven a standard you need to learn. They have so much more power and the rumble it makes is too sweet.

The favorite thing about the car is the whole thing, not one thing do I not like about it, from the black leather interor and the rubber on the tires. It's all sweet.

None that i know of.