Used 2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Well-built, fun V8
By Vroompshhtsi

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now. The 5 speed manual transmission mixed with the V8 provides tons of fun. I have intake/exhaust/gears done to it. No it's not that fastest car out there but it beats every 4 cylinder that's tried and it keeps up with most other V8s. Nothing mechanically has gone wrong with this car. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. MPG was as low as 18 when I beat on it, but now I'm getting as much as 23 when I'm nicer to it. A great mix of daily driver dependability and V8 fun. My friend's Camaro (97 Z28) broke every other month, it's hard to find a fun V8 that is dependable but this car is one of them!

Manual transmission. V8 roar. Excellent interior. Mach 460 stereo is amazing, definitely do not need anything louder.

The stock gears leaves something to be desired during acceleration. 4.10 gears fixed this problem. Also, 1-2 shift often grinds, a known problem with this transmission. I just start it in 2nd from a stop, no problem.

Nice Ride
By Greg

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my GT in 2006 w/23k on it in excellent condition. Now it has about 46k on the odometer. In three years I've replaced a tire (damaged) and a wheel bearing. The drivers door lock sticks, so I have to use the key. The transmission has a light squeal which goes away when you engage the clutch. Otherwise, it is reliable, very fun to drive, and gets good gas mileage. The five speed is fun but a little clunky/heavy to shift. The handling is good but understeers a little too much and the steering is a little slow.

Mach stereo, comfy seats, V8 rumble, 5 speed, style

Seat belts that retract, less understeer, faster steering, better cd changer (disks get stuck), more power, and more tech (sat, nav, etc) Most of these are better in the newer cars.

Best car I've ever owned
By mejollyredgiant

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

OK I've only had my license for 4 years but I've owned and test driven quite a few cars. By far this is the best and funnest car, for the price, I've ever had. So far all I have had to replace was the battery and the alternator which for me was super easy and took like 5 minutes total in labor. So far I have only put on a short shifter, BBK cold air intake, MAC off road mid-pipes, and an SLP loud mouth cat-back on it, but I hope to do more soon. The worst gas mileage I have ever gotten with this car was 18 mpg city and that's before the mods, which now I never see below 20 mpg city even if I race it and highway is at about 28 mpg being relatively nice to the throttle!

Power, looks, of course the sound, the MACH 1000 is pretty good for a stock sound system with two 10" subs in the trunk, and the satisfaction of destroying most cars in a race that come up against me.

Better seats and upgraded the suspension, but that's about all I can think of.

There is no other pony car....period!
By 03 GT 04 Mach1

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Waited 30 years for the experience! I bought her brand new 5 years ago, never regreted a day. The mileage is fine for this kind of car. Just add on some simple bolt on parts and the power picks up even more. It is a premium GT Coupe, so the leather seats make it comfortable on long trips. It has been totally reliable...even the battery is still original. She is pampered..yes, but it takes all I dish out, the (Traction Control light) comes on a lot. That tells you how hard I can be. 25 miles highway, 20 around town. After all these years I love driving it everyday. We love it so much we also now own an 04 Mach1. Keep those new Camaros and Challengers coming out, they'll make a splash and disappear.

64-66 Retro looks, reliability. Plenty of aftermarket add ons, inside and out. And can be personalised, even though there are a lot of ponies out there. Fun to drive everyday. Can't beat it!

I've tried but can't think of anything, except after washing,it's hard to dry,as water keeps seeping out in some areas after you wipe it down. That's it.

Fun, fun
By Jon

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just got this car last month, but from what I can see so far it's great. I'm 6ft 185 pounds, and I fit just fine in it, I don't even need the seat all the way back, and 4 people can fit in it, just so long as they aren't huge. I get 20mpg average... and that's with getting on it a few times a day.

Looks, power, sound, smell, feel.

It needs an independent rear suspension.