2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car!
By Kim on 04/29/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 6 years. Never had any major mechanical problems. My passenger window has a short in it and it won't work in the summer time. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Hot 2003 GT - Wolf in Sheeps clothing
By Ginoux on 04/26/10 20:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Oh yea - This car is a riot. I ran with the stock motor for about 6 months then had a custom tuned blown four valve motor installed. It cranks 630 RWHP. Looks like a stock GT. Needless to say I have a lot of fun leaving a lot of people in the dust.By the time they hear that supercharger whine they know they going to be looking at my tailights. How can you not love one of these cars. Rough and crude, pure American muscle.

CRAP!
By stephanie on 03/11/10 15:48 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I will never get another Ford. My gear shifter is broken, the top leaks, the light knob is super glued on, transmission is going out, the leather is tearing, passenger doesn't close right. I can keep going but I'll stop now. oh wait, did I mention it gets CRAPPY gas mileage.

not if you live where there is snow
By marie on 02/03/10 10:33 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my car but if you live anywhere it snows more than an inch get a winter car I get stuck every where I go when there is snow on the ground and I live in Buffalo NY so 7 months out of the year. I but this car brand new I love the way it looks and drives the clutch could be a little more friendly but other then that I think its a great car for anyone who likes a sporty fun to drive car

Mach out rock out
By 03sfmach on 11/11/09 21:25 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I needed a rear drive, v8, stick shift car to drive everyday that I could stomp on allday everyday and still depend on it running all the time. This car has been awesome. Thought about a 2001-2004 vette (way too cheesy), early 2000 SS or z28 camaro (crappy tranny, rear-end, interior quality, overall looks) or a 2003-2004 cobra (bad-a$$ car but pricy) but the MACH seemed like the best value . ($14700, 22000 miles, lowered, tri-ax shifter, magnaflow exhaust) I have not been disappointed at all. The car really sings after 3500 rpm's, tranny has a steep 1st gear and a low low overdriven 5th (about 1900rpms at 75mph). Pick one up if you can

Awesome
By Jake on 09/10/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for over 2 1/2 years and haven't spent a dime in repairs just an oil change every 3000miles. I have a cat-back exhaust and air intake on it. When driving it easy on the highway I have gotten 32mpg! This is the best car I have ever owned.

Well-built, fun V8
By Vroompshhtsi on 08/25/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now. The 5 speed manual transmission mixed with the V8 provides tons of fun. I have intake/exhaust/gears done to it. No it's not that fastest car out there but it beats every 4 cylinder that's tried and it keeps up with most other V8s. Nothing mechanically has gone wrong with this car. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. MPG was as low as 18 when I beat on it, but now I'm getting as much as 23 when I'm nicer to it. A great mix of daily driver dependability and V8 fun. My friend's Camaro (97 Z28) broke every other month, it's hard to find a fun V8 that is dependable but this car is one of them!

Nice Ride
By Greg on 08/24/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my GT in 2006 w/23k on it in excellent condition. Now it has about 46k on the odometer. In three years I've replaced a tire (damaged) and a wheel bearing. The drivers door lock sticks, so I have to use the key. The transmission has a light squeal which goes away when you engage the clutch. Otherwise, it is reliable, very fun to drive, and gets good gas mileage. The five speed is fun but a little clunky/heavy to shift. The handling is good but understeers a little too much and the steering is a little slow.

Love My 'Stang
By Atlanta on 08/02/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it used in 2004 with 29k miles on it. It is fun to drive, has decent gas mileage, (mostly drive it around town), and I have had only two repairs. The windshield washer pump went out shortly after purchase, but the dealer fixed it for free and the alternator had to be replaced in Nov. 2007. Other than that, it has been trouble free. My husband is 6'1" and feels very cramped when riding in it, but I'm 5'1" and it's great for me. Not made for 4 people to sit comfortably in it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty, good looking car at a reasonable price. The only Ford car I would buy! Both kids want it when I get tired of it, they might be in for a long wait....

Torch Red Mach 1
By tm420 on 06/17/09 08:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the car over a year ago and I love every minute that I get to drive it. The car has 38000 miles, but I have only put on about 2000 since I bought it. I love the shaker hood scoop, and it still turns a lot of heads for a mustang. Don't really see too many of these where I live. Performance is outstanding (Low 5 sec. to 60 mph). Bought the car with a few modifications and it just flies. Heard these engines were very reliable, and haven't had any problems yet. Engines were rated at 305 hp, but I think it's more like 320. Looking forward to keeping this one for a long time.