Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 367 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Awesome Car!
By Kevin

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I'm biased because I'm a Mustang lover. For all those people disliking the comfort, interior design, and fuel mileage go buy an import. This is not an issue for the real men who drive Mustangs. The interior design is a bit bland but to be honest it doesn't matter with me. This car is so underestimated out there in the high hp car world. Probably because now it's kinda rare since they were only produced for 2 years. Best car I've ever owned.

Supercharger pulley whine...:drool:

Clutch throw is really long although there are plenty of aftermarket companies out there that have a remedy for this kind of problem.

Too much fun
By quimbysr

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had always wanted a GT, so when they were running some rebates I went for it. No regrets since. The only problem I've had with it is a nut coming loose on one of the top drive cylinders which I was able to fix myself. I can't get enough of the power and sound even in stock form. After leaving it with my Dad for a year while I was overseas, I wasn't out of the driveway before I said to myself, "This is a fast car!" I also think it's better looking than the new one, but that's just me. It's no wonder Chevy couldn't sell Camaros, the Mustang is just about perfect. No frills, just fun.

302 lb-ft of torque. The OHC 4.6 is a great blend of newer technology with great old school feel. The traction control "off" button shows Ford knows their customer base for this car. Also, the brutal simplicity of what amounts to a truck driveline; simple and effective.

A little more positive feel in the shifter, though you can fix that yourself. Bigger brakes for those of us that find ourselves relying on them, perhaps, a bit too much. More power. It has more than enough, but I wouldn't be a real Mustang owner if I believed there was such a thing as enough.

Great Fun!
By banderss

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After driving a Corolla for several years of commuting it was time to get back to a fun car. I owned a '99 Mustang so I know this was what I wanted again. In the past 6 months I have relished in my renewed love affair with this car. You just can't get this kind of performance for the money anymore. Really get on it and you can get the tires spinning even going into 3rd gear...loads of fun!

Powerful and awesome sounding V8. Leather seats. Sound system. Looks.

Better seats (lateral support). Independent rear suspension. Slightly higher gears in rear end (3.55 for example likw the Mach 1).

2003 Cobra convertible
By Rick D.

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned this black 2003 Cobra convertible for about 8 months. I haven't had any problems. Since moving to Florida, I was looking for a convertible. The car shakes a little (probably because it's a convertible). It has plenty of power, but feels HEAVY. The stock exhaust is too quiet.

Convertible, horsepower, torque, sound system.

Less shake better plastics and fit in the interior, sticky tires with a longer tread life, darn wheelhop.

Worth Every Penny
By Greg

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Had it about 5 months and love it. I am really a Chevy man and thought about the Camaro, but wanted something with a back seat for small kids (8 & 11). Overall, I'm completely satisfied. My wife loves her minivan and didn't understand why I wanted a sports car, but now she's feelin' it. I'm in my 30s and didn't want another commuter vehicle; I wanted something different. The Mustang suits me very well. If you're looking for more refinement, try the '05.

V8, leather, Mach stereo, 5 speed, handling, exhaust, wheels.

Better seat belt retractors, 30 more horsepower, smoother tranny, lighter clutch, sunroof, XM radio.