2003 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

Best car I've ever owned
By nytebyte

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Best performance bang for the buck! I recently dyno'ed the car and it put out 398 horsepower to the wheels, which equates to about 460 at the flywheel! Ford underrates the power of these cars! - Great power - Good handling - Great engine - Backseats - Good amount of trunk space (seats fold down) Where else can you get a car with well over 400 horsepower for under $34K?

Favorite Features

Engine. Good seats. Lots of trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs some "dressing up"

awsom
By davedave

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

very powerful, great car i would never give my car up it is the best mustang i ever had besides my mach 1

2003 Mustang GT
By R. Eggert

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If there is any moisture on the road, be very careful. If it snows, leave the car home, it is useless. It won't move in the snow. The power is nice, handling decent on dry ground, car looks good and sounds good. A fair weather car.

Favorite Features

6 changer CD

Suggested Improvements

Traction

Always reliable
By gareth

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The mustang has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever driven. It has not broken down since it was first leased to someone else in 2002, and it is still putting along at 23000 with only oil changes in its history.

Favorite Features

The exterior is beautiful; just like the mustang tradition.

American Muscle
By Cale White

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

For those of you that are tired of looking at all of these "Fast and the furious" wanna be's the Mach 1 is the car for you. You know the cars that I'm talking about. The Dodge Neon with the whale tail or the Honda Civic with a 3 inch pipe off the muffler so the car sounds like a motor cycle. The Mach 1 is a drivers dream. Its simple yet stylish interior lets you focus on what your there to (drive) not play with you navigation system or you duel heating zone controls. People will stair and ask you to start it up just to see the shaker hood in action. Its classic american muscle!

Favorite Features

The shaker hood

Suggested Improvements

THe changes I would make are coming in the 05 model.

My favorite mustang...
By bm76

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I saw this beautiful car when my 97 GT was in the shop for a burned up fuel pump. I drove it and didn't want to stop. It had the comfortable interior i was used to (some call this "outdated"). The seats were more comfortable and the driver area felt a bit more spacious.

Favorite Features

the look. can you really beat it? I love the new seat, very comfortable for me.

Suggested Improvements

wheel options... the heritage wheel doesn't strike my fancy. when the AC kicks on, you can feel it if you were accelerating.

I Love this car
By WildWallula

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I researched and did all my homework before purchasing, and am still happy. What a great American Muscle Car.

Favorite Features

all around great look. I'ts a guy magnet too!! Nice stereo. Horsepower

Suggested Improvements

Seatbelt tangles easily

LOVE my Mustan
By Kirsten

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my dream car in a 2003 Mustang G.T. in redfire, loaded with a great stereo, leather, etc..what a car!! I love driving it everyday!!! Its fast when you want it to be and comfortable for 2 with a good sized trunk...have gotton tons of compliments on it and do not have one complaint..love it!!!!!

Favorite Features

the handling of the car, the stereo, the look the leather, etc!!!

Suggested Improvements

heat up the seats!!

Mustang, My Mustang
By Nicole World

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car used from a local dealer with only 7300 miles on it. The engine is in great condition and the interior is like new. The overall performance and look of this car is just excellent to us. I cannot tell you how many looks we get from people at intersections and on the highway. I am tempted to start a tally. We have the standard Mustang with Deluxe and Pony options so it does not look like any of the other Mustangs in my area. A real head turner. The handling is just wonderful on it. We feel very safe and comfortable riding and driving this beautiful machine.

Favorite Features

The exterior looks as well as the comfort of the bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

Most cars I have ever seen have the gear shifter in the middle of the center isle between the driver and passenger seats. Ford has decided to put the shifter way up front. Maybe it was to prevent an accidental knock to the shifter from elbows and hands.

Green Blur
By weldermaniac

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

You will get what you pay for. This is not a refined luxury auto, it is a pony car. For around 20k you will be hard pressed to find anything with the power and fun of a v8 stang. Yeah it will step out on you if give her a little nudging but will return quickly. Just don't expect to drive this thing in the snow

Favorite Features

It has good power, good field of view, great styling and you can get it with a lot of different options

Suggested Improvements

needs better front seats, Goodyear tires that came stock are slippery, a lot of bumpsteer