Used 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Grandpa's Toy
By armynod

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had my sights on a Mustang SVT for a while. I held off buying because of the production issues with the Mustang Cobra. When the supercharged model came out I decided it was time. Best car I've owned. I got a great price, $31.6k without having to haggle. The power and handling makes for a very fun car to drive. The original Goodyear Eagle tires stick to the curves like the car is on rails.

Favorite Features

Supercharger, sound system, transmission, IRS, power seat/lumbar/bolsters, handling

Suggested Improvements

Shifter, rear wheel hop suppression

2003 SVT Cobra Coupe
By Cobra Dude

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned a Cobra since 02 and it is the fastest street car under 42K. I professionally race this car and drive it on the street. It will run the 1/4 mile in the high 10"s on a performance tune and run high 11's on a street tune. It is awesome on the highway. I was given the name ZO6 Killer because I beat so many ZO6's at the track. It cruises and tracks well. My tune reached 650+ RWHP on the dyno. I have had many cars and this car is one of my best. I also have two late model Mercedes, and a 07 Chevy Malibu. I know a good thing when I see it. The 03 SVT Cobra is one of the best ever for the money.

Favorite Features

Air, radio, AC, and IRS suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger half shafts, better idler for the supercharger belt, and driver side power window operation.

2003 Cobra
By Alton

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I drive for fun and use as a work car. The only problem I have had with the car is a noisy rear end which the dealer replaced under warranty within the first year. I am making about 500 rear wheel HP with pulley/chip, etc. I twisted a spline on the left half shaft at the drag strip with drag radials. That is the only problems I have had. This car is the most fun to drive, easiest to modify, and the most controllable car I have driven. It has never gotten out of control no matter how hard I drive it, wet or dry!

Favorite Features

Power and handling. AC is cold and does not seem to affect the power. The suede leather seats hold you in place while cornering and are warm in the winter, but not hot in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements needed unless you are going to race it regularly.

Best buy
By Jsh502

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Best bang for your buck. Faster than 90% of stock street cars. Fastest street car under $50000. Recommend anyone looking for a great sports car then this is the one.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and design. Incredible power with decent gas consumption. Great handling, and awesome sound.

Suggested Improvements

Improve rear end so there isn't as much wheel hop.

Awesome Car!
By Kevin

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I'm biased because I'm a Mustang lover. For all those people disliking the comfort, interior design, and fuel mileage go buy an import. This is not an issue for the real men who drive Mustangs. The interior design is a bit bland but to be honest it doesn't matter with me. This car is so underestimated out there in the high hp car world. Probably because now it's kinda rare since they were only produced for 2 years. Best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Supercharger pulley whine...:drool:

Suggested Improvements

Clutch throw is really long although there are plenty of aftermarket companies out there that have a remedy for this kind of problem.