2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Grandpa's Toy
By armynod on 11/01/13 03:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had my sights on a Mustang SVT for a while. I held off buying because of the production issues with the Mustang Cobra. When the supercharged model came out I decided it was time. Best car I've owned. I got a great price, $31.6k without having to haggle. The power and handling makes for a very fun car to drive. The original Goodyear Eagle tires stick to the curves like the car is on rails.

2003 SVT Cobra Coupe
By Cobra Dude on 08/25/08 00:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned a Cobra since 02 and it is the fastest street car under 42K. I professionally race this car and drive it on the street. It will run the 1/4 mile in the high 10"s on a performance tune and run high 11's on a street tune. It is awesome on the highway. I was given the name ZO6 Killer because I beat so many ZO6's at the track. It cruises and tracks well. My tune reached 650+ RWHP on the dyno. I have had many cars and this car is one of my best. I also have two late model Mercedes, and a 07 Chevy Malibu. I know a good thing when I see it. The 03 SVT Cobra is one of the best ever for the money.

2003 Cobra
By Alton on 06/12/08 01:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I drive for fun and use as a work car. The only problem I have had with the car is a noisy rear end which the dealer replaced under warranty within the first year. I am making about 500 rear wheel HP with pulley/chip, etc. I twisted a spline on the left half shaft at the drag strip with drag radials. That is the only problems I have had. This car is the most fun to drive, easiest to modify, and the most controllable car I have driven. It has never gotten out of control no matter how hard I drive it, wet or dry!

Best buy
By Jsh502 on 03/12/07 18:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Best bang for your buck. Faster than 90% of stock street cars. Fastest street car under $50000. Recommend anyone looking for a great sports car then this is the one.

Awesome Car!
By Kevin on 02/14/07 09:59 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I'm biased because I'm a Mustang lover. For all those people disliking the comfort, interior design, and fuel mileage go buy an import. This is not an issue for the real men who drive Mustangs. The interior design is a bit bland but to be honest it doesn't matter with me. This car is so underestimated out there in the high hp car world. Probably because now it's kinda rare since they were only produced for 2 years. Best car I've ever owned.

2003 Cobra convertible
By Rick D. on 01/01/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned this black 2003 Cobra convertible for about 8 months. I haven't had any problems. Since moving to Florida, I was looking for a convertible. The car shakes a little (probably because it's a convertible). It has plenty of power, but feels HEAVY. The stock exhaust is too quiet.

Bang for your buck...
By Scott on 06/05/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is my second Mustang. My first Cobra. I am in love with this car. It is a head turner and a blast to drive. I would recommend this car for the most bang for the buck.

Dreamcar
By Seraphim990 on 05/10/06 13:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The best car in the market at the price they sell for. A sports car with 390 HP for less than $35,000.00, WOW. Very fun to drive. This car attracts attention everywhere I go. Yes, it turns a lot of heads in town. The Eaton supercharger sounds really nice when you punch it. That's what this car was made for. And finally, a Mustang has to be the most upgrade friendly car in the market.

Kevin's Cobra
By Kevin on 11/16/05 13:47 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

It's a lot of fun to drive, GREAT performance, and I didn't buy it for fuel economy. The seats are comfortable, and have lumbar support, and adjustments to the sides of the seating surface and the back rest, but don't try to get an adult in the back seat for a long trip, car seats don't fit well either.

Long Term Analysis
By Sonic Blue on 10/11/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I thought some long term appraisal was in order. Engine, clutch, transmission, drivetrain all holding up well considering my driving. Clutch is still stiff but my g/f doesn't complain a bit. It's somewhat unrefined but you can get decent gas mileage if you choose. It rides decent especially at 70, the seats are tight, they got better but they hold you in the corners. You can idle around town all day; just a regular car so it seems. It's a Mustang people with a great engine, pretty good drivetrain. You want to go fast cheap? This is it. You want old big engine performance? You got it with especially with a few mods. Get 26 mpg on highway or see the gas gauge go down. Your choice. I like choices.