Used 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim Mach 1 Premuim Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim - Consumer Reviews

Mach 1 Premuim 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual - (51 reviews )

Best bang....
By machlover

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2001 V6, 2004 GT and the Mach and there is a world of difference between the v6 and GT but the Mach is in a class of its own when compared to the GT. This includes the extensive upgrades made to the GT compared to a stock Mach. Of the dozens of vehicles I have owned and driven the Mach is by far the best bang for the buck. I traded in the Gt for the Mach in 2007 and the Mach is paid off and worth more than I paid for it, needless to say this is a rarity in the automobile market but it seems the Mach is still a car that people appreciate. I have upgraded it with just the normal bolt on parts and it performs perfectly. This is the 1st vehicle I know I will keep indefinitely.

The list of upgrades for the Mach is extensive to include upgraded suspension which gives the car a stiff, aggressive and lowered stance. The decals stand out on all of the colors except the DSG.The small windows between the b and c pillars have a forward slant, the front chin spoiler adds to the aggressive look and the black spoiler finishes the cosmetic look on the outside. The inside includes; adjustable head rests, silver trimming, metal pedals, Mach specific seat covers and bolstered front seats that are extremely comfortable. The magnum wheels and the functional shaker hood scoop give the car it's signature look. The engine has more than enough grunt to keep me happy.

Love the car the way it is. One thing I would change, and have, is the radio/ 6 disc play that comes with the Mach. The Mach should have come with a much better head unit. The 5 speed should have been replaced with the 6 speed found in the cobra though the 5 speed does very well.

Red 2003 Mach 1 Great Value for your Money Still..
By 2004_mustang

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got this 2003 Red Mach 1 automatic in Oct 2005 with 13k miles on it and it now has 31k miles on it in Nov 2011. I have had zero problems with it. I have replaced the original tires and fuel filter as part of maintaince. It drives great especially on tight turns and it stops on a dime. The seating, wheels, black stripes, tachometer, shaker hood makes this car stand out well plus every Mach 1 is fully loaded so you dont have to worry about options. Overall this gives you 305hp and the car's value is about 14 grand give or take some which is the best bang for your buck if you want the power of a V8 without a big price tag. The only thing better than this in power is a 2011 GT

Everything. I like the uniqueness of the Mach 1's, the colors alone are just neat to look at plus that shaker hoods makes the car stand out.

The shaker hood rattles due to the rubber peices that hold it together but it is not that big of a deal. I wish they made this car with more options like controls on the steering wheels, chrome rims and or a supercharger. While it is loaded up I just think Ford could have put more options on it. I plan on keeping this car till the 2011 5.0 GT is in the lower 20 grand mark and then I will trade it off. I just wish the specialty cars kept there value more. Hard to believe that back in 2005 this was a 23 grand car and now even at low miles it is a 14 grand car but that is the car business today. I hope Ford remakes this car again just like they did in the 03-04 years.

Mach 1 of a kind
By michaelj723

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm the second owner of my Mach 1, and I've had it for nearly 6 years with very little trouble. The only thing I had to do to the engine, was changing out the thermostat housing after it sat in the garage all winter. Brakes are very expensive, due to its exclusive brake/suspension package, and they were tough for me to change, probably easy for somebody who does brakes a lot. The only big problem I had with her, was my transmission's overdrive going out twice. This was due to the 4:10 rear end that the previous owner had in it....luckily it was a warranty repair and only $100 out of my pocket. Other than that, it's the best handling stang ever made, and blows the doors off z28 and t/a's

Handling, and raw power...super impressive powerband that I've never felt in any other sports/muscle car. Beautiful stock exhaust sound. Extremely reliable. Still get compliments on it almost daily.

Only thing I wish it had, was automatic up/down windows lol

Mach out rock out
By 03sfmach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I needed a rear drive, v8, stick shift car to drive everyday that I could stomp on allday everyday and still depend on it running all the time. This car has been awesome. Thought about a 2001-2004 vette (way too cheesy), early 2000 SS or z28 camaro (crappy tranny, rear-end, interior quality, overall looks) or a 2003-2004 cobra (bad-a$$ car but pricy) but the MACH seemed like the best value . ($14700, 22000 miles, lowered, tri-ax shifter, magnaflow exhaust) I have not been disappointed at all. The car really sings after 3500 rpm's, tranny has a steep 1st gear and a low low overdriven 5th (about 1900rpms at 75mph). Pick one up if you can

6800 redline, motor really pulls after 3500, tranny geared up well, shaker hood, factory brembo brakes

rattles and squeaks, interior and exterior quality

Torch Red Mach 1
By tm420

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premuim Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the car over a year ago and I love every minute that I get to drive it. The car has 38000 miles, but I have only put on about 2000 since I bought it. I love the shaker hood scoop, and it still turns a lot of heads for a mustang. Don't really see too many of these where I live. Performance is outstanding (Low 5 sec. to 60 mph). Bought the car with a few modifications and it just flies. Heard these engines were very reliable, and haven't had any problems yet. Engines were rated at 305 hp, but I think it's more like 320. Looking forward to keeping this one for a long time.

The shaker hood, 32 valve V8 exhaust note, the graphics package really looks nice, and helps it stand out from other mustangs. The seats are surprisingly comfortable.

Interior could be better. The automatic transmission is kind of clunky,and sometimes hesitates to shift, but it is pretty good overall.