Used 2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best car I ever owned!
By leadfoot62

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a modified 2003 Mustang GT w/ a 5 speed. She handles great, has plenty of power, looks great, has plenty of interior space and headroom. She is a blast to drive. Love this car!

Favorite Features

Performance; instrumentation; interior space, design and layout; exterior design and color (metallic charcoal). Ride comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Add a supercharger.

The Ultimate Pony-Car
By aalsip

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I recently bought this as my first car. This is one of the most reliable Mustangs on the market with lots of great features. Good crash test ratings, good handling, good acceleration, good speed, and a lot of torque for such a small car! It is a lot of fun to drive and it handles very well as long as you have the right tires. The breaks are also very efficient; it can stop on a dime and still give you it's change back! This car is a lot of fun to drive, so definitely check it out if you're in the market for a new car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, power, speed, breaks, sound of the engine, ABS (Anti-Lock Breaks), Traction Control, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Daytime Running Lights as standard instead of optional in the US.

Worth every penny
By rbowden

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first new car I ever owned, no major complaints after 7 years. Glad I got the V8, awesome power and very fun to drive. Interior lacks some refinement and options that are standard in other vehicles, but probably not in this class.

Favorite Features

V8, 5-disc stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior quality/features.

Awesome
By Jake

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for over 2 1/2 years and haven't spent a dime in repairs just an oil change every 3000miles. I have a cat-back exhaust and air intake on it. When driving it easy on the highway I have gotten 32mpg! This is the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

You can't beat the sound of a Mustang!

Suggested Improvements

Needed more horsepower from the factory.

Well-built, fun V8
By Vroompshhtsi

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now. The 5 speed manual transmission mixed with the V8 provides tons of fun. I have intake/exhaust/gears done to it. No it's not that fastest car out there but it beats every 4 cylinder that's tried and it keeps up with most other V8s. Nothing mechanically has gone wrong with this car. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. MPG was as low as 18 when I beat on it, but now I'm getting as much as 23 when I'm nicer to it. A great mix of daily driver dependability and V8 fun. My friend's Camaro (97 Z28) broke every other month, it's hard to find a fun V8 that is dependable but this car is one of them!

Favorite Features

Manual transmission. V8 roar. Excellent interior. Mach 460 stereo is amazing, definitely do not need anything louder.

Suggested Improvements

The stock gears leaves something to be desired during acceleration. 4.10 gears fixed this problem. Also, 1-2 shift often grinds, a known problem with this transmission. I just start it in 2nd from a stop, no problem.