2003 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best car I ever owned!
By leadfoot62 on 01/21/14 04:32 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a modified 2003 Mustang GT w/ a 5 speed. She handles great, has plenty of power, looks great, has plenty of interior space and headroom. She is a blast to drive. Love this car!

The Ultimate Pony-Car
By aalsip on 08/10/11 18:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I recently bought this as my first car. This is one of the most reliable Mustangs on the market with lots of great features. Good crash test ratings, good handling, good acceleration, good speed, and a lot of torque for such a small car! It is a lot of fun to drive and it handles very well as long as you have the right tires. The breaks are also very efficient; it can stop on a dime and still give you it's change back! This car is a lot of fun to drive, so definitely check it out if you're in the market for a new car.

Worth every penny
By rbowden on 05/16/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first new car I ever owned, no major complaints after 7 years. Glad I got the V8, awesome power and very fun to drive. Interior lacks some refinement and options that are standard in other vehicles, but probably not in this class.

Awesome
By Jake on 09/10/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for over 2 1/2 years and haven't spent a dime in repairs just an oil change every 3000miles. I have a cat-back exhaust and air intake on it. When driving it easy on the highway I have gotten 32mpg! This is the best car I have ever owned.

Well-built, fun V8
By Vroompshhtsi on 08/25/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now. The 5 speed manual transmission mixed with the V8 provides tons of fun. I have intake/exhaust/gears done to it. No it's not that fastest car out there but it beats every 4 cylinder that's tried and it keeps up with most other V8s. Nothing mechanically has gone wrong with this car. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. MPG was as low as 18 when I beat on it, but now I'm getting as much as 23 when I'm nicer to it. A great mix of daily driver dependability and V8 fun. My friend's Camaro (97 Z28) broke every other month, it's hard to find a fun V8 that is dependable but this car is one of them!

Nice Ride
By Greg on 08/24/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my GT in 2006 w/23k on it in excellent condition. Now it has about 46k on the odometer. In three years I've replaced a tire (damaged) and a wheel bearing. The drivers door lock sticks, so I have to use the key. The transmission has a light squeal which goes away when you engage the clutch. Otherwise, it is reliable, very fun to drive, and gets good gas mileage. The five speed is fun but a little clunky/heavy to shift. The handling is good but understeers a little too much and the steering is a little slow.

Best car I've ever owned
By mejollyredgiant on 02/25/09 21:30 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

OK I've only had my license for 4 years but I've owned and test driven quite a few cars. By far this is the best and funnest car, for the price, I've ever had. So far all I have had to replace was the battery and the alternator which for me was super easy and took like 5 minutes total in labor. So far I have only put on a short shifter, BBK cold air intake, MAC off road mid-pipes, and an SLP loud mouth cat-back on it, but I hope to do more soon. The worst gas mileage I have ever gotten with this car was 18 mpg city and that's before the mods, which now I never see below 20 mpg city even if I race it and highway is at about 28 mpg being relatively nice to the throttle!

There is no other pony car....period!
By 03 GT 04 Mach1 on 03/15/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Waited 30 years for the experience! I bought her brand new 5 years ago, never regreted a day. The mileage is fine for this kind of car. Just add on some simple bolt on parts and the power picks up even more. It is a premium GT Coupe, so the leather seats make it comfortable on long trips. It has been totally reliable...even the battery is still original. She is pampered..yes, but it takes all I dish out, the (Traction Control light) comes on a lot. That tells you how hard I can be. 25 miles highway, 20 around town. After all these years I love driving it everyday. We love it so much we also now own an 04 Mach1. Keep those new Camaros and Challengers coming out, they'll make a splash and disappear.

Fun, fun
By Jon on 02/22/08 15:21 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just got this car last month, but from what I can see so far it's great. I'm 6ft 185 pounds, and I fit just fine in it, I don't even need the seat all the way back, and 4 people can fit in it, just so long as they aren't huge. I get 20mpg average... and that's with getting on it a few times a day.

What more can you ask for
By Whartonmb on 11/11/07 16:16 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Economical purchase, and great fuel economy. Have added flowmasters, MAF, and 75mm throttle body. Car hauls, and still gets 22+ miles per gallon. Fun, fun, fun.