Used 2003 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car!
By Kim

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 6 years. Never had any major mechanical problems. My passenger window has a short in it and it won't work in the summer time. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage

not if you live where there is snow
By marie

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my car but if you live anywhere it snows more than an inch get a winter car I get stuck every where I go when there is snow on the ground and I live in Buffalo NY so 7 months out of the year. I but this car brand new I love the way it looks and drives the clutch could be a little more friendly but other then that I think its a great car for anyone who likes a sporty fun to drive car

Favorite Features

looks, handling

Suggested Improvements

clutch mileage seat belts why bother

Love My 'Stang
By Atlanta

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it used in 2004 with 29k miles on it. It is fun to drive, has decent gas mileage, (mostly drive it around town), and I have had only two repairs. The windshield washer pump went out shortly after purchase, but the dealer fixed it for free and the alternator had to be replaced in Nov. 2007. Other than that, it has been trouble free. My husband is 6'1" and feels very cramped when riding in it, but I'm 5'1" and it's great for me. Not made for 4 people to sit comfortably in it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty, good looking car at a reasonable price. The only Ford car I would buy! Both kids want it when I get tired of it, they might be in for a long wait....

Favorite Features

Overall look of the Pony package, chrome wheels, CD/stereo system, and the nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat belts get tangled, it needs a bigger glove box and/or storage space.

Beauty And The Beast
By jscjarhead

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It's great. I got it before I graduated. However I did the mpg myself and I found mine only got 18 mpg in the city. That might just be my Mustang though. Compared to other sport cars that's good. The comfort is great, I feel more comfortable in it than other cars. The car has great control and feels like I'm going 20 when I'm going 60.

Favorite Features

The style

Suggested Improvements

More room for the rear seats

03 V6
By lilbit205

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Mustang in 07. So far it has not given me any major problems. I really enjoy driving it. It's fun, stylish, and gets pretty good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

5 speed, audio system

Suggested Improvements

Tighter suspension. A different transmission because every time I go to speed shift I can't speed shift into 5th without letting my rpm's drop around 2000