Used 2003 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 2003 Ford Mustang Gt Deluxe Coupe 4.6 V8
By Carrie

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car to death, with American Muscle to order my parts from, I have the baddest car ever. They say the mustang is the poor mans sports car, well! I'd take my car over any other car on the planet. Thank you Ford! Thank you American Muscle!

Surprisingly an excellent car
By spdr870108

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I never had much faith in ford. I tend to like the Japanese and German automobiles. I have owned 2 Taurus and 2 Explorers. I was in a position where I needed a car. This little mustang ended up being in my price range. Purchased at 153k mi this car performs quite well. I travel regularly from California to Las Vegas and Arizona. This car 6k mi and a month and half later, it has not let me down. It's cheap to fill up and averages 28.4 mpg Hwy and 24.1 City. Tho it lacks the power I'm use to in my bmw it compensates for it in fuel cost & gas mileage. Very fun to drive and handles quite well for an American car.

5 Speed Manual and has quite a large trunk space for a sports car. Doesn't have much room for passengers in the back seat and I'm only 5'9 so the seat is not all the way back.

I feel the 3.8 V6 could have a lot more power feels sluggish at times. Smoother shifting manual tranny could be added.

Best car I ever owned!
By leadfoot62

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a modified 2003 Mustang GT w/ a 5 speed. She handles great, has plenty of power, looks great, has plenty of interior space and headroom. She is a blast to drive. Love this car!

Performance; instrumentation; interior space, design and layout; exterior design and color (metallic charcoal). Ride comfort.

Add a supercharger.

The Ultimate Pony-Car
By aalsip

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I recently bought this as my first car. This is one of the most reliable Mustangs on the market with lots of great features. Good crash test ratings, good handling, good acceleration, good speed, and a lot of torque for such a small car! It is a lot of fun to drive and it handles very well as long as you have the right tires. The breaks are also very efficient; it can stop on a dime and still give you it's change back! This car is a lot of fun to drive, so definitely check it out if you're in the market for a new car.

Acceleration, power, speed, breaks, sound of the engine, ABS (Anti-Lock Breaks), Traction Control, handling.

Daytime Running Lights as standard instead of optional in the US.

Best car ever !!!
By gmsmoker

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car a year ago, and I love it! I put a cold air intake on it and since then the engine really sings (3,000rpm) and gets about 3 to 4 mpg better. Wouldn't trade my mustang for any other car way to much fun to drive. highly recommend it.

seats are so comfortable!

better Mpg, more options for v6s