2003 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Surprisingly an excellent car
By spdr870108 on 12/03/14 12:07 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I never had much faith in ford. I tend to like the Japanese and German automobiles. I have owned 2 Taurus and 2 Explorers. I was in a position where I needed a car. This little mustang ended up being in my price range. Purchased at 153k mi this car performs quite well. I travel regularly from California to Las Vegas and Arizona. This car 6k mi and a month and half later, it has not let me down. It's cheap to fill up and averages 28.4 mpg Hwy and 24.1 City. Tho it lacks the power I'm use to in my bmw it compensates for it in fuel cost & gas mileage. Very fun to drive and handles quite well for an American car.

Best car I ever owned!
By leadfoot62 on 01/21/14 04:32 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a modified 2003 Mustang GT w/ a 5 speed. She handles great, has plenty of power, looks great, has plenty of interior space and headroom. She is a blast to drive. Love this car!

The Ultimate Pony-Car
By aalsip on 08/10/11 18:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I recently bought this as my first car. This is one of the most reliable Mustangs on the market with lots of great features. Good crash test ratings, good handling, good acceleration, good speed, and a lot of torque for such a small car! It is a lot of fun to drive and it handles very well as long as you have the right tires. The breaks are also very efficient; it can stop on a dime and still give you it's change back! This car is a lot of fun to drive, so definitely check it out if you're in the market for a new car.

Best car ever !!!
By gmsmoker on 08/08/11 15:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car a year ago, and I love it! I put a cold air intake on it and since then the engine really sings (3,000rpm) and gets about 3 to 4 mpg better. Wouldn't trade my mustang for any other car way to much fun to drive. highly recommend it.

Sonic Blue GT
By tj38 on 03/28/11 07:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car in June 05 with 12k miles. Now has 115K miles. Mildly modded with CAI, exhaust, short shifter, MACH1 shocks, Ford C-Springs, white face gauges. Only repairs are front brake calipers (self-inflicted SCCA racing casualty) and alternator and battery...and four sets of tires. Consistently gets 25-26 mpg on highway. I want to get a new car but can't find anything that I like better than this one.

Worth every penny
By rbowden on 05/16/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first new car I ever owned, no major complaints after 7 years. Glad I got the V8, awesome power and very fun to drive. Interior lacks some refinement and options that are standard in other vehicles, but probably not in this class.

Great Car!
By Kim on 04/29/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 6 years. Never had any major mechanical problems. My passenger window has a short in it and it won't work in the summer time. I highly recommend this vehicle.

not if you live where there is snow
By marie on 02/03/10 10:33 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my car but if you live anywhere it snows more than an inch get a winter car I get stuck every where I go when there is snow on the ground and I live in Buffalo NY so 7 months out of the year. I but this car brand new I love the way it looks and drives the clutch could be a little more friendly but other then that I think its a great car for anyone who likes a sporty fun to drive car

Awesome
By Jake on 09/10/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for over 2 1/2 years and haven't spent a dime in repairs just an oil change every 3000miles. I have a cat-back exhaust and air intake on it. When driving it easy on the highway I have gotten 32mpg! This is the best car I have ever owned.

Well-built, fun V8
By Vroompshhtsi on 08/25/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now. The 5 speed manual transmission mixed with the V8 provides tons of fun. I have intake/exhaust/gears done to it. No it's not that fastest car out there but it beats every 4 cylinder that's tried and it keeps up with most other V8s. Nothing mechanically has gone wrong with this car. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. MPG was as low as 18 when I beat on it, but now I'm getting as much as 23 when I'm nicer to it. A great mix of daily driver dependability and V8 fun. My friend's Camaro (97 Z28) broke every other month, it's hard to find a fun V8 that is dependable but this car is one of them!