Used 2003 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2003 Convertible
By ragtopsteed

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little Mustang. It's not powerful (V6) but, it's an original with 17,500 miles. I bought new at our local Ford dealer here in Sarasota, FL. It still gets tons of compliments every time I have it out.

Favorite Features

Styling

Hot 2003 GT - Wolf in Sheeps clothing
By Ginoux

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Oh yea - This car is a riot. I ran with the stock motor for about 6 months then had a custom tuned blown four valve motor installed. It cranks 630 RWHP. Looks like a stock GT. Needless to say I have a lot of fun leaving a lot of people in the dust.By the time they hear that supercharger whine they know they going to be looking at my tailights. How can you not love one of these cars. Rough and crude, pure American muscle.

Favorite Features

The great 4.6 engine - The classic lines of this body style. The pure coolness of having the top down. Driving everyday with 600+ HP without any hassle or breakdowns.

Suggested Improvements

Put some seats in the car - Have to go after market as even the leather seats are butt busters.

CRAP!
By stephanie

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I will never get another Ford. My gear shifter is broken, the top leaks, the light knob is super glued on, transmission is going out, the leather is tearing, passenger doesn't close right. I can keep going but I'll stop now. oh wait, did I mention it gets CRAPPY gas mileage.

Favorite Features

It gets me to work....

Suggested Improvements

refer to review...

Very fun Car
By Jared

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned this Mustang GT Black Convertible since 2003. It has never broken down or given me any trouble. First had it in Germany and I could set the cruise control for 110mph and it would ride steady. Added a set of flowmasters and K&N air intake and it sounds amazing. Trunk space is very small. One time something was placed in the back window and I put the top down and the window shattered- so be careful putting anything by the back window. Gas mileage is fair- about 250 miles on a 14gal tank (about 18 MPG). I could ride it a little easier but who really does. Seat head rests are too low if you are 6ft tall and a little uncomfortable if you are tall. Little back seat space. Fun, fun, fun.

Favorite Features

Overall looks, cheap easy repairs (but was never needed), sound, price for a convertible, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Poor traction in rain or snow

GT convertible
By FEZ

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car at a lower than expected price, lots of power,handles very well,car still a favorite of many onlookers even when compared to new styling [some prefer it to the retro look]. It is also a car well supported by the aftermarket suppliers so custom accessories abound. Happy with mine after three years of ownership!

Favorite Features

V8 power, decent gas mileage 17/26 thats real mileage not controled testing fun to drive, getting lots of looks

Suggested Improvements

Make it a little , no, a lot better in the snow