2003 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Hot 2003 GT - Wolf in Sheeps clothing
By Ginoux on 04/26/10 20:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Oh yea - This car is a riot. I ran with the stock motor for about 6 months then had a custom tuned blown four valve motor installed. It cranks 630 RWHP. Looks like a stock GT. Needless to say I have a lot of fun leaving a lot of people in the dust.By the time they hear that supercharger whine they know they going to be looking at my tailights. How can you not love one of these cars. Rough and crude, pure American muscle.

CRAP!
By stephanie on 03/11/10 15:48 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I will never get another Ford. My gear shifter is broken, the top leaks, the light knob is super glued on, transmission is going out, the leather is tearing, passenger doesn't close right. I can keep going but I'll stop now. oh wait, did I mention it gets CRAPPY gas mileage.

Very fun Car
By Jared on 07/15/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned this Mustang GT Black Convertible since 2003. It has never broken down or given me any trouble. First had it in Germany and I could set the cruise control for 110mph and it would ride steady. Added a set of flowmasters and K&N air intake and it sounds amazing. Trunk space is very small. One time something was placed in the back window and I put the top down and the window shattered- so be careful putting anything by the back window. Gas mileage is fair- about 250 miles on a 14gal tank (about 18 MPG). I could ride it a little easier but who really does. Seat head rests are too low if you are 6ft tall and a little uncomfortable if you are tall. Little back seat space. Fun, fun, fun.

GT convertible
By FEZ on 05/25/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car at a lower than expected price, lots of power,handles very well,car still a favorite of many onlookers even when compared to new styling [some prefer it to the retro look]. It is also a car well supported by the aftermarket suppliers so custom accessories abound. Happy with mine after three years of ownership!

'03 Mustang GT Convertible is awesome
By eccmustang on 05/14/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is very fun to drive and it is very stylish. All of my friends love my car. It is very reliable and I have never had any trouble with it. It never leaks because of the top and the top comes down very quick.

Too much fun
By quimbysr on 01/31/07 03:33 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had always wanted a GT, so when they were running some rebates I went for it. No regrets since. The only problem I've had with it is a nut coming loose on one of the top drive cylinders which I was able to fix myself. I can't get enough of the power and sound even in stock form. After leaving it with my Dad for a year while I was overseas, I wasn't out of the driveway before I said to myself, "This is a fast car!" I also think it's better looking than the new one, but that's just me. It's no wonder Chevy couldn't sell Camaros, the Mustang is just about perfect. No frills, just fun.

Great Car, Great Value
By 03YellowGT on 04/22/06 07:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My '03 Yellow Stang GT Convertible was an amazing find. With only 3100 miles on it when I bought it in August of '05, I couldn't walk away. With the Mach 1000 system built into it, the 5 speed, the color, and being a convertible, I'm proud to have made the choice of purchasing my first true pony car. Handles tight, shifts solid, loves 2nd gear. Would highly recommend to anybody looking for a whole lot of power at a bargain price to check one of these out.

2003 GT Convertible
By Ruby on 04/16/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered this car from the dealer in Redfire Metallic with a white top and white leather interior, and a 5-speed transmission. It has the chrome Cobra type spoke wheels that really shine. It is a joy to drive and really turns heads.

A Super Fun Car!
By Kym on 09/07/05 01:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2003 Ford Mustang Convertible for a couple of months and I am having such fun! When the top is down it turns everyone's head. It has no fear of increased speed and is a dream to drive in the hills and on long trips to the ocean. It's just perfection. It had an exhaust leak when I purchased it -- though it wasn't detected by the dealership's "top-notch" service team. The local oil-changing place heard it and the dealership had it repaired. Apparently it is a recall or it is just a common problem. Other than that it's been the most fun I've had since I gave up the keys to my minivan. LOL

2003 GT Convertible
By 2ndcarstang on 02/16/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was looking for a ragtop as my second car and I found an '03 with 3500 miles on it. I've had the car for two months and what a kick in the pants to drive. It has a great sound system (Mach 1000), upgraded wheels, more than enough power, handles tight, I could go on an on. I'm just kicking myself for waiting this long to buy a pony car.