Used 2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very fun Car
By Jared

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned this Mustang GT Black Convertible since 2003. It has never broken down or given me any trouble. First had it in Germany and I could set the cruise control for 110mph and it would ride steady. Added a set of flowmasters and K&N air intake and it sounds amazing. Trunk space is very small. One time something was placed in the back window and I put the top down and the window shattered- so be careful putting anything by the back window. Gas mileage is fair- about 250 miles on a 14gal tank (about 18 MPG). I could ride it a little easier but who really does. Seat head rests are too low if you are 6ft tall and a little uncomfortable if you are tall. Little back seat space. Fun, fun, fun.

Overall looks, cheap easy repairs (but was never needed), sound, price for a convertible, reliability.

Poor traction in rain or snow

GT convertible
By FEZ

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car at a lower than expected price, lots of power,handles very well,car still a favorite of many onlookers even when compared to new styling [some prefer it to the retro look]. It is also a car well supported by the aftermarket suppliers so custom accessories abound. Happy with mine after three years of ownership!

V8 power, decent gas mileage 17/26 thats real mileage not controled testing fun to drive, getting lots of looks

Make it a little , no, a lot better in the snow

'03 Mustang GT Convertible is awesome
By eccmustang

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is very fun to drive and it is very stylish. All of my friends love my car. It is very reliable and I have never had any trouble with it. It never leaks because of the top and the top comes down very quick.

I love having the 5 speed manual transmission and the 6 disc CD changer. I also love the controlable traction control. The black leather interior is great too!

I think it would be nicer to have better fuel consumption, but it comes with having a V8.

Too much fun
By quimbysr

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had always wanted a GT, so when they were running some rebates I went for it. No regrets since. The only problem I've had with it is a nut coming loose on one of the top drive cylinders which I was able to fix myself. I can't get enough of the power and sound even in stock form. After leaving it with my Dad for a year while I was overseas, I wasn't out of the driveway before I said to myself, "This is a fast car!" I also think it's better looking than the new one, but that's just me. It's no wonder Chevy couldn't sell Camaros, the Mustang is just about perfect. No frills, just fun.

302 lb-ft of torque. The OHC 4.6 is a great blend of newer technology with great old school feel. The traction control "off" button shows Ford knows their customer base for this car. Also, the brutal simplicity of what amounts to a truck driveline; simple and effective.

A little more positive feel in the shifter, though you can fix that yourself. Bigger brakes for those of us that find ourselves relying on them, perhaps, a bit too much. More power. It has more than enough, but I wouldn't be a real Mustang owner if I believed there was such a thing as enough.

Great Car, Great Value
By 03YellowGT

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My '03 Yellow Stang GT Convertible was an amazing find. With only 3100 miles on it when I bought it in August of '05, I couldn't walk away. With the Mach 1000 system built into it, the 5 speed, the color, and being a convertible, I'm proud to have made the choice of purchasing my first true pony car. Handles tight, shifts solid, loves 2nd gear. Would highly recommend to anybody looking for a whole lot of power at a bargain price to check one of these out.

Yellow and Black color, V8 sound and power, Mach 1000, and better looks than the new 05's

None, other than the shifter could be set back a little further in the console for a little more comfort while driving, but nothing major there. Great car, no mechanical issues or anything wrong as of yet.