2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Very fun Car
By Jared on 07/15/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned this Mustang GT Black Convertible since 2003. It has never broken down or given me any trouble. First had it in Germany and I could set the cruise control for 110mph and it would ride steady. Added a set of flowmasters and K&N air intake and it sounds amazing. Trunk space is very small. One time something was placed in the back window and I put the top down and the window shattered- so be careful putting anything by the back window. Gas mileage is fair- about 250 miles on a 14gal tank (about 18 MPG). I could ride it a little easier but who really does. Seat head rests are too low if you are 6ft tall and a little uncomfortable if you are tall. Little back seat space. Fun, fun, fun.

GT convertible
By FEZ on 05/25/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car at a lower than expected price, lots of power,handles very well,car still a favorite of many onlookers even when compared to new styling [some prefer it to the retro look]. It is also a car well supported by the aftermarket suppliers so custom accessories abound. Happy with mine after three years of ownership!

'03 Mustang GT Convertible is awesome
By eccmustang on 05/14/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is very fun to drive and it is very stylish. All of my friends love my car. It is very reliable and I have never had any trouble with it. It never leaks because of the top and the top comes down very quick.

Too much fun
By quimbysr on 01/31/07 03:33 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had always wanted a GT, so when they were running some rebates I went for it. No regrets since. The only problem I've had with it is a nut coming loose on one of the top drive cylinders which I was able to fix myself. I can't get enough of the power and sound even in stock form. After leaving it with my Dad for a year while I was overseas, I wasn't out of the driveway before I said to myself, "This is a fast car!" I also think it's better looking than the new one, but that's just me. It's no wonder Chevy couldn't sell Camaros, the Mustang is just about perfect. No frills, just fun.

Great Car, Great Value
By 03YellowGT on 04/22/06 07:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My '03 Yellow Stang GT Convertible was an amazing find. With only 3100 miles on it when I bought it in August of '05, I couldn't walk away. With the Mach 1000 system built into it, the 5 speed, the color, and being a convertible, I'm proud to have made the choice of purchasing my first true pony car. Handles tight, shifts solid, loves 2nd gear. Would highly recommend to anybody looking for a whole lot of power at a bargain price to check one of these out.

2003 GT Convertible
By Ruby on 04/16/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered this car from the dealer in Redfire Metallic with a white top and white leather interior, and a 5-speed transmission. It has the chrome Cobra type spoke wheels that really shine. It is a joy to drive and really turns heads.

2003 GT Convertible
By 2ndcarstang on 02/16/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was looking for a ragtop as my second car and I found an '03 with 3500 miles on it. I've had the car for two months and what a kick in the pants to drive. It has a great sound system (Mach 1000), upgraded wheels, more than enough power, handles tight, I could go on an on. I'm just kicking myself for waiting this long to buy a pony car.

Ford GT Mustang
By Steven Wilmarth on 11/24/04 20:07 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The heritage lives on. What a wonderful American sports car that combines affordabilty with performance. The GT achieves a 0-60 time in 5.6 seconds and does with style. The premium package is a bargain to add to the GT car. If you're in the market for a fun to drive, reliable and affordable muscle car, this is your ride.

Love my Pony!
By Red Pony on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a year & still love driving it every chance I get. I wouldn't trade it for any other ragtop out there. The ride is a little choppy at times, but that adds to the sports car feel. It gets great gas mileage on the highway for a V8 (23-24), much better than around town (16-18) so of course I take it out on the highway any chance I get. It looks great & draws attention everywhere it goes. Who can't resist a bright red Mustang ragtop?

Real Muscle Car
By Xina on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If You want a real "MUSCLE CAR" the Mustang GT is the way to go. There is no pussy-footing around in this beast. Put be prepared to drive.... This is no V6 passanger style. The GT has a rugged suspention so as to feel the road and the power that the car holds. It's Bullish apearance mimics the muscle beneath the hood. Old fasion power when you hit the excelorater and a new tight handling that reins far above the squirrly handling of the V6. Do not try to compare the beast to the puppy. They are not in the same class. Piorities for purchasing are: Looking "HOT" Driving like you mean it and simple quality at its finest. And the sound system Rocks!