Used 2003 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Surprisingly an excellent car
By spdr870108

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I never had much faith in ford. I tend to like the Japanese and German automobiles. I have owned 2 Taurus and 2 Explorers. I was in a position where I needed a car. This little mustang ended up being in my price range. Purchased at 153k mi this car performs quite well. I travel regularly from California to Las Vegas and Arizona. This car 6k mi and a month and half later, it has not let me down. It's cheap to fill up and averages 28.4 mpg Hwy and 24.1 City. Tho it lacks the power I'm use to in my bmw it compensates for it in fuel cost & gas mileage. Very fun to drive and handles quite well for an American car.

5 Speed Manual and has quite a large trunk space for a sports car. Doesn't have much room for passengers in the back seat and I'm only 5'9 so the seat is not all the way back.

I feel the 3.8 V6 could have a lot more power feels sluggish at times. Smoother shifting manual tranny could be added.

Awesome car. Dont stop making them!
By LoD728

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My first new car.I have the auto and premium package.Its extremely fun to drive and has a good amount of power to satisfy me.I like the exterior/interior dimensions and inside panels.Its all driver oriented and lights up nice at night.Small and cozy inside. Back seats are fine.The mach 460 sound system is amazing.All it needs is an American flag on the back.

Body style, looks, sound system, engine, low profile, basically everything. Ah yes, and the fact that it is American.

I would've liked 200 horsepower even.Good resale value so i can eventually trade it in and get myself a GT :).There is a larger space between the plastics on the right side of my radio then the left.Dont know why that is.Other than this, I dont see anything that needs to be improved.

Love my Mustang
By Mustang JoJo

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 4th Mustang I've owned since 1982.... don't want to drive anything else. I am a 50 yr old female... I have a great time just driving it... and mine is Bright RED so it attracts a lot of attention....

Sporty Looks, fog lights, great sound system.

More storage space in console section.

Ford makes very good cars
By legodaddy

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I'm extremely happy with the reliability with my Ford Mustang. I have not had one single thing go wrong on my car since I bought it last November 2002 and I have close to 30,000 miles on it already. I have nothing to complain about with this car except for one annoying problem that listed under suggested improvements. The car is comfortable, rides smooth, performs well, and looks sexy.

Six CD Changer with 460watts of power, the systems rocks!!!! The Air Conditioning is cold in the summer, and I love the cruise control, also the power express down on the drivers side window is great for the tolls on the parkway. Gauges are all well located.

Make the seat belts a little easier to use, they sometimes get tangled and come out of the plastic seat clip on the top of the seat. The driver's seatbelt seems to be twisted. I untwisted it but now doesn't retract properly, will note this to Ford on my return visit for 30k checkup.

Great Car
By Janice Ulmer

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a dream car of mine for along time. I went from a honda accord to a grand jeep cherokee and then to my mustang. I love this car. The power it has amazes me. It is so fun to drive and even though I'm only 31 i feel like a teenager when i'm behind the wheel of mine 2003 silver baby. Thanks ford for making such a fun car to enjoy and drive. Also may i add the attention i get from it.

I love it makes me feel when i drive it