2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2003 Cobra convertible
By Rick D. on 01/01/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned this black 2003 Cobra convertible for about 8 months. I haven't had any problems. Since moving to Florida, I was looking for a convertible. The car shakes a little (probably because it's a convertible). It has plenty of power, but feels HEAVY. The stock exhaust is too quiet.

Dreams do come true
By Rick on 12/04/04 17:22 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I found my Cobra in June, 2004 after she was a showroom princess for over a year. Not only is the 2003 supercharged Cobra all the reviews say they are, they're off the scale in fun to drive. I've added a Bassani exhaust system (headers/H-pipe w/catback, 4" tips), K&N air filter, 2.8" supercharger pulley and Xcalibrator chip and now pull a true 428 rwhp. It's hard to get this in any other vehicle comparitably priced, and yes, my friends, it is a Ford. This car garners as much attention as my Harley does, and it's show quality. Nice job, Blue Oval.

Bitten by the Snake
By tallicadrone on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

My '03 convertible has justified the term Fix Or Repair Daily. Without warning, the car will turn-off as I am driving. Mind you, it's in gear at the time. Of course, the steering wheel locks and I loose power-assist braking. Let's just say "VERY SCARY". It's already had the alternator replaced at my local dealership and continues to do the same. They obviously don't know how to fix it, but it's going back in tomorrow for the 3rd time. Linear acceleration is great, but don't even get me started on the tranny/clutch. My service advisors say that they are aware of the "chatter" that emanates from the tranny/clutch, but can only say it's "supposed to do

SVT Lemon
By Trae on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Unfortunately, I would recommend against purchasing this car. The transmission has been serviced 6 times since purchase and the convertible top, twice. The car left me on the road the second day I had it. To make matters worse, Don Bohn Ford refused to repair the car. Currently, the car is pending replacement from the Ford Arbitration board and I may have to seek an attorney to replace it.

Jekyll and Hyde
By Sonic Blue on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The Cobra can be just another car or step on the hammer and take off like a rocket. It even sounds like one (Supercharger).Don't waste time comparing it to another car. The '03 Cobra's top speed is governed at 155mph (170+ w/out it). Compare it to a Cessna: seats 4 & it does 160mph...on land. Cobra's traction control switch is fun.Keep it on and it behaves somewhat civilized. Turn it off and wheels spin, smoke comes out of the tires. Also a locking differential (if wheel spins torque is sent to the wheel w traction). The snake unlike a roadster lets you take the kids/dog along for a ride. And taking rides you will:To go get bread or milk (next town over)

Best Bang for The Buck!
By Stang03 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Unbelievable POWER! Best bang for the buck. No import can even come close!

Gotta Love an SC Cobra
By CobraFan on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The Cobra is the best bang for the buck anywhere...plus it's all American. Mild if you want, Wild if you want. The only V8/stick/conv on the market - can take the family with you! I think we'll always have one from here on.

The Musclecar Lives!!!
By lugnut on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have loved every minute of owning this vehicle over the last year. SVT and the SVT Owners Association have made it even more enjoyable. The sponsorship by Ford in promoting the SVT community is incredible. This is the Mustang I have waited for Ford to build. The guys at SVT are my heroes.

what the big block mustangs were like
By karl2771 on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

for a price of 35,000 (with a plan) how could you go wrong. this car pulls real hard through the first gears, while almost all street cars fall behind after the first two. a fun suprise for all those fast and ferrious wanna be cars.

Mustang Cobra Convertible
By 03 SVT Mustang on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Why pay 50k, or 60K, or 70K-80K for the type of performance Ford sells for 34K- 38K. With a blistering 4.6 second launch from 0-60 you will be hard pressed not to grin all the way to where ever you are going. The Mustang is an American Legend and the 03 Cobra is the best Mustang built to date. Pure fun and comfort. Don't spend twice as much and get lack luster performance. A six speed supercharged 390 hp car with a factory warrenty is unbelieveable. Nothing Moves Like a Mustang :-)