2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car!
By Kim on 04/29/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 6 years. Never had any major mechanical problems. My passenger window has a short in it and it won't work in the summer time. I highly recommend this vehicle.

not if you live where there is snow
By marie on 02/03/10 10:33 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my car but if you live anywhere it snows more than an inch get a winter car I get stuck every where I go when there is snow on the ground and I live in Buffalo NY so 7 months out of the year. I but this car brand new I love the way it looks and drives the clutch could be a little more friendly but other then that I think its a great car for anyone who likes a sporty fun to drive car

Love My 'Stang
By Atlanta on 08/02/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it used in 2004 with 29k miles on it. It is fun to drive, has decent gas mileage, (mostly drive it around town), and I have had only two repairs. The windshield washer pump went out shortly after purchase, but the dealer fixed it for free and the alternator had to be replaced in Nov. 2007. Other than that, it has been trouble free. My husband is 6'1" and feels very cramped when riding in it, but I'm 5'1" and it's great for me. Not made for 4 people to sit comfortably in it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty, good looking car at a reasonable price. The only Ford car I would buy! Both kids want it when I get tired of it, they might be in for a long wait....

Beauty And The Beast
By jscjarhead on 06/19/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It's great. I got it before I graduated. However I did the mpg myself and I found mine only got 18 mpg in the city. That might just be my Mustang though. Compared to other sport cars that's good. The comfort is great, I feel more comfortable in it than other cars. The car has great control and feels like I'm going 20 when I'm going 60.

03 V6
By lilbit205 on 06/09/08 15:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Mustang in 07. So far it has not given me any major problems. I really enjoy driving it. It's fun, stylish, and gets pretty good gas mileage.

Awesome first car
By Jara on 12/25/07 17:34 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I received my Mustang for my first car and I have loved driving it for the past three years. It turns heads, provides the get up and go needed for passing on the interstate and has decent milage for a sports car (averages 20mpg in town and on the highway). I have never had even the slightest problem with the reliability of this vehicle. The only thing that concerns me is that it is totally a warm weather vehicle, in the midwest where we can get a few feet of snow at a time, the RWD and light overall weight of the car just is not safe enough even in town on snow-packed streets. Also, for long drives, even my young back begins to hurt. Even with these criticisms, I still love my Mustang.

What I Was Hoping For
By Teh Gov on 12/06/07 21:16 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Mustang since I was a kid and this car doesn't disappoint. Handles great, fun to drive, good speed. What's not to love?

Not made for comfort
By Robert Yamin on 09/16/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Worst car I ever had. Bought car with 1200 miles, drove 1 year. Very uncomfortable and rough ride. Horrible gas mileage and poor pickup. Car is not made for a 5ft 11 inch 175 pound person. I had a 89 GT 5.0 so I thought I would like the newer model but should have kept the older one.

Pony Power
By Scott on 07/17/06 13:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used in January and have driven it daily. Got it for a really low price. Gets okay gas mileage.

My Little Pony
By Bigwig on 06/24/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car Aug '02 before any pictures were available of the hood that was different from earlier models. Was pleasantly surprised with the 'newer' hood style (similar to 99 Cobra). Had a horrible howling noise from the rear end in less than 5000 miles which was replaced. I got the Dark Shadow Grey exterior which is the absolute prettiest color on a sunny day, and the absolute plainest color on a cloudy day. I put on a cat-back dual exhaust from Kenny Brown performance which adds a couple HP, deeper exhaust note and dresses up the rear with the nice polished SS tips. I also slapped on the Mach1 chin spoiler which gives it a nice front end appearance.