Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 2003 Ford Mustang Gt Deluxe Coupe 4.6 V8
By Carrie

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car to death, with American Muscle to order my parts from, I have the baddest car ever. They say the mustang is the poor mans sports car, well! I'd take my car over any other car on the planet. Thank you Ford! Thank you American Muscle!

Surprisingly an excellent car
By spdr870108

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I never had much faith in ford. I tend to like the Japanese and German automobiles. I have owned 2 Taurus and 2 Explorers. I was in a position where I needed a car. This little mustang ended up being in my price range. Purchased at 153k mi this car performs quite well. I travel regularly from California to Las Vegas and Arizona. This car 6k mi and a month and half later, it has not let me down. It's cheap to fill up and averages 28.4 mpg Hwy and 24.1 City. Tho it lacks the power I'm use to in my bmw it compensates for it in fuel cost & gas mileage. Very fun to drive and handles quite well for an American car.

5 Speed Manual and has quite a large trunk space for a sports car. Doesn't have much room for passengers in the back seat and I'm only 5'9 so the seat is not all the way back.

I feel the 3.8 V6 could have a lot more power feels sluggish at times. Smoother shifting manual tranny could be added.

2003 Convertible
By ragtopsteed

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little Mustang. It's not powerful (V6) but, it's an original with 17,500 miles. I bought new at our local Ford dealer here in Sarasota, FL. It still gets tons of compliments every time I have it out.

Styling

Best car I ever owned!
By leadfoot62

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a modified 2003 Mustang GT w/ a 5 speed. She handles great, has plenty of power, looks great, has plenty of interior space and headroom. She is a blast to drive. Love this car!

Performance; instrumentation; interior space, design and layout; exterior design and color (metallic charcoal). Ride comfort.

Add a supercharger.

Grandpa's Toy
By armynod

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had my sights on a Mustang SVT for a while. I held off buying because of the production issues with the Mustang Cobra. When the supercharged model came out I decided it was time. Best car I've owned. I got a great price, $31.6k without having to haggle. The power and handling makes for a very fun car to drive. The original Goodyear Eagle tires stick to the curves like the car is on rails.

Supercharger, sound system, transmission, IRS, power seat/lumbar/bolsters, handling

Shifter, rear wheel hop suppression