Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Surprisingly an excellent car
By spdr870108

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I never had much faith in ford. I tend to like the Japanese and German automobiles. I have owned 2 Taurus and 2 Explorers. I was in a position where I needed a car. This little mustang ended up being in my price range. Purchased at 153k mi this car performs quite well. I travel regularly from California to Las Vegas and Arizona. This car 6k mi and a month and half later, it has not let me down. It's cheap to fill up and averages 28.4 mpg Hwy and 24.1 City. Tho it lacks the power I'm use to in my bmw it compensates for it in fuel cost & gas mileage. Very fun to drive and handles quite well for an American car.

Favorite Features

5 Speed Manual and has quite a large trunk space for a sports car. Doesn't have much room for passengers in the back seat and I'm only 5'9 so the seat is not all the way back.

Suggested Improvements

I feel the 3.8 V6 could have a lot more power feels sluggish at times. Smoother shifting manual tranny could be added.

2003 Convertible
By ragtopsteed

2003 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little Mustang. It's not powerful (V6) but, it's an original with 17,500 miles. I bought new at our local Ford dealer here in Sarasota, FL. It still gets tons of compliments every time I have it out.

Favorite Features

Styling

Best car I ever owned!
By leadfoot62

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a modified 2003 Mustang GT w/ a 5 speed. She handles great, has plenty of power, looks great, has plenty of interior space and headroom. She is a blast to drive. Love this car!

Favorite Features

Performance; instrumentation; interior space, design and layout; exterior design and color (metallic charcoal). Ride comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Add a supercharger.

Grandpa's Toy
By armynod

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had my sights on a Mustang SVT for a while. I held off buying because of the production issues with the Mustang Cobra. When the supercharged model came out I decided it was time. Best car I've owned. I got a great price, $31.6k without having to haggle. The power and handling makes for a very fun car to drive. The original Goodyear Eagle tires stick to the curves like the car is on rails.

Favorite Features

Supercharger, sound system, transmission, IRS, power seat/lumbar/bolsters, handling

Suggested Improvements

Shifter, rear wheel hop suppression

Best bang....
By machlover

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2001 V6, 2004 GT and the Mach and there is a world of difference between the v6 and GT but the Mach is in a class of its own when compared to the GT. This includes the extensive upgrades made to the GT compared to a stock Mach. Of the dozens of vehicles I have owned and driven the Mach is by far the best bang for the buck. I traded in the Gt for the Mach in 2007 and the Mach is paid off and worth more than I paid for it, needless to say this is a rarity in the automobile market but it seems the Mach is still a car that people appreciate. I have upgraded it with just the normal bolt on parts and it performs perfectly. This is the 1st vehicle I know I will keep indefinitely.

Favorite Features

The list of upgrades for the Mach is extensive to include upgraded suspension which gives the car a stiff, aggressive and lowered stance. The decals stand out on all of the colors except the DSG.The small windows between the b and c pillars have a forward slant, the front chin spoiler adds to the aggressive look and the black spoiler finishes the cosmetic look on the outside. The inside includes; adjustable head rests, silver trimming, metal pedals, Mach specific seat covers and bolstered front seats that are extremely comfortable. The magnum wheels and the functional shaker hood scoop give the car it's signature look. The engine has more than enough grunt to keep me happy.

Suggested Improvements

Love the car the way it is. One thing I would change, and have, is the radio/ 6 disc play that comes with the Mach. The Mach should have come with a much better head unit. The 5 speed should have been replaced with the 6 speed found in the cobra though the 5 speed does very well.