2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best car I ever owned!
By leadfoot62 on 01/21/14 04:32 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a modified 2003 Mustang GT w/ a 5 speed. She handles great, has plenty of power, looks great, has plenty of interior space and headroom. She is a blast to drive. Love this car!

Grandpa's Toy
By armynod on 11/01/13 03:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had my sights on a Mustang SVT for a while. I held off buying because of the production issues with the Mustang Cobra. When the supercharged model came out I decided it was time. Best car I've owned. I got a great price, $31.6k without having to haggle. The power and handling makes for a very fun car to drive. The original Goodyear Eagle tires stick to the curves like the car is on rails.

Best bang....
By machlover on 12/12/12 23:54 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2001 V6, 2004 GT and the Mach and there is a world of difference between the v6 and GT but the Mach is in a class of its own when compared to the GT. This includes the extensive upgrades made to the GT compared to a stock Mach. Of the dozens of vehicles I have owned and driven the Mach is by far the best bang for the buck. I traded in the Gt for the Mach in 2007 and the Mach is paid off and worth more than I paid for it, needless to say this is a rarity in the automobile market but it seems the Mach is still a car that people appreciate. I have upgraded it with just the normal bolt on parts and it performs perfectly. This is the 1st vehicle I know I will keep indefinitely.

Red 2003 Mach 1 Great Value for your Money Still..
By 2004_mustang on 11/18/11 00:51 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got this 2003 Red Mach 1 automatic in Oct 2005 with 13k miles on it and it now has 31k miles on it in Nov 2011. I have had zero problems with it. I have replaced the original tires and fuel filter as part of maintaince. It drives great especially on tight turns and it stops on a dime. The seating, wheels, black stripes, tachometer, shaker hood makes this car stand out well plus every Mach 1 is fully loaded so you dont have to worry about options. Overall this gives you 305hp and the car's value is about 14 grand give or take some which is the best bang for your buck if you want the power of a V8 without a big price tag. The only thing better than this in power is a 2011 GT

Mach 1 of a kind
By michaelj723 on 10/17/11 08:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm the second owner of my Mach 1, and I've had it for nearly 6 years with very little trouble. The only thing I had to do to the engine, was changing out the thermostat housing after it sat in the garage all winter. Brakes are very expensive, due to its exclusive brake/suspension package, and they were tough for me to change, probably easy for somebody who does brakes a lot. The only big problem I had with her, was my transmission's overdrive going out twice. This was due to the 4:10 rear end that the previous owner had in it....luckily it was a warranty repair and only $100 out of my pocket. Other than that, it's the best handling stang ever made, and blows the doors off z28 and t/a's

The Ultimate Pony-Car
By aalsip on 08/10/11 18:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I recently bought this as my first car. This is one of the most reliable Mustangs on the market with lots of great features. Good crash test ratings, good handling, good acceleration, good speed, and a lot of torque for such a small car! It is a lot of fun to drive and it handles very well as long as you have the right tires. The breaks are also very efficient; it can stop on a dime and still give you it's change back! This car is a lot of fun to drive, so definitely check it out if you're in the market for a new car.

Best car ever !!!
By gmsmoker on 08/08/11 15:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car a year ago, and I love it! I put a cold air intake on it and since then the engine really sings (3,000rpm) and gets about 3 to 4 mpg better. Wouldn't trade my mustang for any other car way to much fun to drive. highly recommend it.

Sonic Blue GT
By tj38 on 03/28/11 07:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car in June 05 with 12k miles. Now has 115K miles. Mildly modded with CAI, exhaust, short shifter, MACH1 shocks, Ford C-Springs, white face gauges. Only repairs are front brake calipers (self-inflicted SCCA racing casualty) and alternator and battery...and four sets of tires. Consistently gets 25-26 mpg on highway. I want to get a new car but can't find anything that I like better than this one.

2003 SVT COBRA
By brantm21 on 01/12/11 10:18 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I actually have a 02 GT w/ a Cobra motor swap. This engine is powerful in the whole power band. Pushing 515RWHP 545RWT. It's not stock obviously, but still one of the best engines ever made in my opinion. And the fact it's a Ford. I have drove this car across the nation to many car shows and drag strip. Never broke down.

Worth every penny
By rbowden on 05/16/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The first new car I ever owned, no major complaints after 7 years. Glad I got the V8, awesome power and very fun to drive. Interior lacks some refinement and options that are standard in other vehicles, but probably not in this class.