Least expensive sports car you can buy
By Andrew Connelly on
2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I just purchased my 2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT two weeks ago. I was going to trade in my wife's car, give her my SUV (since she is stopping work), and buy a sports sedan for myself. I looked around and found that the sports sedans I liked, even used, were about $27k and up. I found this car with 17k miles for $15.8k. So I kept both cars and added this as a third. It already has the Magnaflow exhaust and cold air intake system. I highly recommend the Magnaflow exhaust for this particular year. It really sounds great. Not too loud, not as soft as the stock. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and they fit in the back no problem. Took 7 years of convincing my wife, but worth it.
Favorite Features
Low cost, exhaust, exterior styling, color, wheels, torque, upgrades. Fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
The shifter is very notchy and even noisy at times. The clutch is a left leg workout in traffic. Steering is numb; could use a tighter feel. 18" wheels look better. Scoops look fake up close. Side airbags. It's not as quick as I expected. Some squeaks, but try WD40 squirts behind dash to remove.