2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Just Another Review

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Review

Just Another Review
By RS0460a on

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Retro in style, in handling, and in functionality. Nothing too hi-tech, better than average sound system, so-so power (no, it's not a 390 or 460 Ford, but it can also pass the gas station without stopping for a drink!). Sitting in the driver's seat reminds me of the view of my old '58 T-bird (dual "cockpit", hood scoop). The ride's nice, the 5-speed has a longer throw than I like, but then again, I'm not going to "power shift" at my age. The rear seat - is nonfunctional (I don't have kids/grand kids to worry about). As far as I'm concerned, it's an extension of the trunk. The car is primarily a 2-seat "sports" vehicle thatís more functional than an old MG (and maybe a lot more reliable).

- Great "retro" styling (interior and exterior) - Better than average sound system - 6-cd in-dash system is convient - "sweet" dual exhaust sound (especially with the top down!!!)

- 281 cid (4.6L) should be capable of more than 260 stock hp - Scoop should be functional (it's style looks to good not to be!!) The 2003 Mach 1 is supposed to have a functional shaker system. Maybe Ford will offer an "upgrade" (beyond what is available on the aftermarket at this time.)