2002 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Have had my GT for

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Have had my GT for 7 months now.........
By NV02GT on

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Mustang since 1983, and Ford, IMO, continues to improve on quality and performance with each new offering. Hey, this 'great bang for your buck' vehicle ain't a Corvette or Camaro, but if you really need a Chevy killer, order yourself a new '03 Cobra. Some of the above reviewers express a dissatifaction with their new ride; you've got to thoroughly test drive and check for interior/exterior flaws before you sign the dotted line! I went through 4 new GTs on 3 different lots before I found one with a flawless paint job and mechanical operation. Hood and side scoops are fake - so what! They add to the overall looks of a great car!

Favorite Features

Gotta love the looks! It grows on you. Hmmmm......wonder what the new body style for '04 will look like? Solid suspension for those 'spirited' Sunday drives in the mountains.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the T3650 5-spd tranny. That notchy 1-2 shift when car is cold is annoying. At 6'3", I wish there was an additional 1" or so of seat travel, and, better seats overall with firmer support would be nice.