Used 2002 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good Bang for your buck
By Ken R

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Since I have always owned V8 powered cars, including Mustangs, I was a little skeptical that this car with a V6 would have any guts or fun to drive factor. Well, I was wrong. It has good power and decent handling. The interior needs improvement as well as the seats; no thigh or lateral support.

The engine. It may not have the top end grunt of the V8 but it holds its own very well.

Again, the interior with attention to the seats. The seats in my Ford Focus are more supportive and are more comfortable.

BEST CAR ON THE MARKET
By matt

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang for awhile and it was the best investment i have ever made. It's perfect if you are wanting a car that will really turn some heads or just wanting a all around great car for everyday driving. Everyone I know has let me know how much they like the car, but none of them like it as much as I do. It is and in my mind always will be the greatest car ever produced by any manufacturer. I highly recommend this car to anyone wanting a car with a perfect blend of looks and comfort.

The Mach speakers and sound system is unbelievable.

I wish it came stock with dual exhaust. I would be in heaven.

Get one!
By Nate

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car used from a private party. Granted the transmission Ford outsourced may be the weakest link and I have taken it to the dealer for repairs. Otherwise the car runs smooth and drives great. The seats could be more comfortable and the dash is a little plain but the performance and bang for the buck this car provides is worth it. I love being part of the history of a great automobile name.

I love the styling and performance of the machine. While driving down the road I get a lot of looks from other people and many more comments such as "nice car!"

Gauge panel and ergonomics. Seats need some more comfort all around and the leather should be upgraded to a higher quality.

Safe Car
By Mjohnson

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Perfect car to drive, I bought it about a month after I turned 18 and let me tell you a lot of heads were turning too when I went by. So comfortable, nice looking, road unbelievable. Also having this car saved my life when I totalled it two weeks ago, some girl hit me. Held up very well in the crash, the car was just so awesome, I wouldn't suggest driving it in the snow though. I had two problems with the car but they were stupid things, a plug came out of my antifreeze(a 99 cent part), and there was a hole in my windshield wiper container, both covered under warrenty. Unfortunaty I think I have retired the Mustang for now I'm looking at other cars.

Beautiful car, everything about it is just perfect, the sound system, the smooth ride, I loved everything about it

about a foot of more room in the back seats

Love my Mustang
By briteredgt

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've loved Mustang's since I knew what cars were. This is my third Mustang and they never get old to me. I wouldn't recommend anything less than a V-8 though. I've owned two automatics and my current 02 GT is a 5 speed. This car never gets old to look at or drive. You can't beat these cars for the money anywhere!!!!!!!!!

Engine