2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great for the money
By hlucas on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wish it had the independent suspension on the rear. Rear end hop is bad on rough corners

PROBLEMS
By BRUSH26 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

HAD IN THE SHOP IN THE FIRST MONTH. HAD IN THE SHOP 5 TIMES NOW. CAR DIES ALL OF THE SUDDEN. SYCRONIZERS IN TRANS HAVE BEEN REPLACED 2. NEED MORE POWER. SHIFTER FEELS LIKE YOU ARE ROWING A BOAT. EXPECT MORE FROM THE NEW LINE IN 2005.

Auto Owners Put The Pedal To The Floor!!
By Mystang on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 2002 Prem.GT Coupe Mech460 that is so loud it shakes my neibor house.Red lazor tint paint is the head turner when I'm at a light.I have an auto trans. and any of you that think this car is laking power,drive about 20 mph and put the pedal fast all the way to the floor WOW!! unbelievable.Watch the rpm, the car hits 6.5 and 7.5.Driving regular the car shifts at 2 to 2.5.Put the pedal to the floor baby!

slow stang
By amazed24 on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This mustang is awesome, (the convertible) except it has very slow pick-up rates. I seem to have to floor it for a few seconds before it even starts going fast. It is a little disappointing. Here's a tip:try not to use the air conditioning, because it drains the gas and lowers performance.

Moving UP
By mkiker1 on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I first started with a 98 LX silver Mustang and have been hooked ever since... I like the body styles and the performance for the price... I wish that the car could be a little more spacious.. I'm very satisfied with the quality and I never had any problems with my 98 which I put about 45,000 miles on, but my GT has had some minor problems it's first year... I can't wait til the 2005's come out and I plan on either moving up to the Cobra or another GT...

#1 car
By p,stang on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I own a red 2002 mustang and its a dream i mean i love my car, sure its not a gt or a svt cobra but it is still faster than alot of cars out there that dont have changes made to them. i got in to a majore accident recently and i hit a person head on and i came out of the reck with nothing but my neck and chest hurting from the airbags, it is very safe for how i drive an fast enough to keep up with alot of cars but watch out cause it is a magnet for cops i know.

Good car
By pat01demcrt on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

No real problems so far.

Bad vibrations
By kg1957 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2002 Gt has very poor ride on the interstate. The vehicle has a constant vibration at 70 mph. The car has had 11 tires replced and the drive shaft. The car still has a vibration coming from the engine. Ford motor company tells me nothing wrong with vehicle. I will never buy another FORD.

Like it but don't love it!
By RotoMustang on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car needs more power! I feel like I have to work way too hard to blow some very ordinary cars away! It took me until 3rd gear to finally pull away from a Toyota Avalon the other day...That's Embarrassing! It also needs more room. I'm 6'3" and the seat needs to go back another 2" and down another 1". Ford definitely has the best looking muscle car on the market, but it needs more power, err muscle!

The Best
By Fat Al on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love it. If the base model could have a little more horsepower maby get over the 200 rang and the scoop could accualy do somthing then it would be the perfect sports car.