Used 2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

eh
By Ed

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First off, I overpaid for the car by about $2-3k. Which wouldn't be a problem because I love the design of the car, and the constant attention it gets. But the car loses value at an unacceptable rate. It's honestly sickening, it's been sitting in my garage for 4 months and it's lost over $2k in value!

Favorite Features

V8 power, convertible top, 6 CD changer.

Suggested Improvements

Value is ridiculously low.

GT Premium
By Danielle

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car! Always reliable and looks beautiful. The car has never let me down. Just enough power to get you in trouble, while still getting good gas mileage! The car is comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Takes about 3 seconds to pass a motorhome while cruising at 55mph on the highway. The car provides excellent performance. Suspension is stiff, so you don't get the luxurious ride of a Lincoln, but that was not the manufacturer's idea. Would highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Looks, performance.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it handled like a vette!

I loved my STANG!
By Seeson99

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang as my first large purchase and a good one at that. I also bought the extended warranty (which I recommend for any car). I changed the oil every 3,000 miles and had all the recommended work done. I had a couple of leaks here and there, but nothing that wasn't covered under the warranty. I bought it at 20,000 miles and drove it until someone hit and totaled it at 70,500 miles. I was 'T'ed on a city street very hard and the Mustang held up like one of those ancient tank cars. I'm very sad now, but I will always love my Mustang!

Favorite Features

The whole car, the 6-disc in dash, over drive, Mach sound system, two-tone leather seats, and my wonderful must have...sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a little more pick up when I touch the gas. But I hear the new ones have no issues with that.

I love this car!
By Timmy Powell

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd Mustang GT that I have owned the first being a 2000. I love everything about the car. It is fun to drive on the freeway and through the curves. The 02 is much improved over the 2000. The clutch and transmission seem to be in better harmony with the car and the driver. Given the chance, I would purchase the same car again.

Favorite Features

The 260hp v-8 that gets 28-29 mpg on long trips. The 6 disc changer is a great feature that I use all the time. Leather seats are a must have.

Suggested Improvements

Give it more sound. After all it is a V8. I put Flowmaster super 40's on and cut the rear converters off and now it has that 70's Mustang rumble that it should have.

Mustang GT Convertible - great car!
By Herb Trisler

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2002 Mustang GT Convertible now for about 18 months. It consistently outperforms the hottest of import sports cars, even those advertising 30-40 more horsepower. Gas mileage is a pleasant surprise... 18-20 in town, 25-27 on the highway. The car is not really tightly built, but it holds up well even under hard use. The sum total of the pieces add up to a car that is quick, fast, exciting and fun to drive, and turns heads wherever it goes. I could not have done better with my money.

Favorite Features

The convertible top is easy to use, the 4.6L V8 gives great performance, the looks of the car inside and out are admired by everybody.

Suggested Improvements

The driver's seat is hard to get comfortable in...it needs more settings. The shifter is stiff and notchy, but works well once you get used to it.