Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The Ultimate Muscle Car
By specmstr

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Classic styling and great performance...a true pleasure to drive.

Don't buy standard GT, 2002-BEWARE!!!!!
By BEWARE!

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

BEWARE of the 2002-2003 GT Mustang Deluxe....it has an engine problem that the engineers "are still working on" it idles VERY rough unless you have the air conditioner on- then it settles down. Since you can't drive in the winter with the air on..it is a problem.The service dept. says it is with all standard GT's of those years. It is building up carbon...so take it in!!!!!!!!! They are replacing sensors and such,,,but to no avail! Mine is not the only one!!!BEWARE!!!!!you will hate it. it is junk. I bought it at invoice and am upset down by 10,000. They do not hold ANY value...BEWARE!!

IT looks good, buy runs terrible!!! Mach 1000 stereo is the only way to go.

don't sell until the problems are fixed. Ford knew of the problem when I bought mine, there should be a law against selling models with known problems in the service dept.

Ford Mustang
By mustangman

I love Ford Mustangs

I like the body and the muscle.

8 cylinders so you can hear me coming.
By ROCKSTAR

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the V-8 power and excitement. The leather and power was just to show off for the girls. It leaks in the car wash. It's noisy as all (blank) due to the flowmasters. It has cowl shake. The rear suspension is crap, but it puts the power down, and that's the point. It's loud and proud, it's fast, and it eats the lunch of most challengers, especially those snippy hondas. If I wanted nice, I would've gotten an Acura.

4.6 V-8 with flowmasters.

Please God re-do the interior. Either slam the suspension to go all out sport or do it comfortable like your mom's taurus, in between just gets annoying. More colors.

WTF wait 1 year
By Stoplightgasser

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

In 2004 the ford mustang will be improved and totaly redisigned. I suggest you wait because this very dated generation is, well garbage. First of all, though 260hp is alot of horsepower, it's a joke for a v8! I mean, come on the other night I had a nissan altima 3.5 pull on me. This car is 90 percent plastic on the inside. I got into a fender bender as someone rear ended me and I rolled into a sign. I found out the exterior is made of plastic too!! I got a hole in my rear and front bumper which cost a lot of fix, because both the bumpers needed to be replaced. Hopefully the 2004 will be improved.

V8 260hp is enough to beat civics, but c'mon I can barely pull on V6 accords!!

Umm.. no independent rear suspension? This isn't a sports car, it's a rip off. Due to the weight, and suspension, it gets boring the drive after a month, there is only so much excitment going in a straight line...