Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love my Mustang
By briteredgt

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've loved Mustang's since I knew what cars were. This is my third Mustang and they never get old to me. I wouldn't recommend anything less than a V-8 though. I've owned two automatics and my current 02 GT is a 5 speed. This car never gets old to look at or drive. You can't beat these cars for the money anywhere!!!!!!!!!

Engine

NONE

Good Looks/Performance, ok Build Quality
By sbviking

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What drew me to this car is the great exterior design: The stance is good, the ride height is right on, the wheels are sharp, Mineral Grey color is gorgeous, I personally like the scoops. The acceleration is great for day to day driving, especially if you need to get around someone on the freeway. The handling makes drivingaround town fun. Ford puts a decent stereo in this car (Mach), but the exhaust note sounds even better. I'm not too thrilled with the interior quality (seat foam, dash plastics that squeak), but I can live with it knowing what I paid for a V8.

It's got to be the external looks of the car. I love looking at the mineral grey color especially after washing. The car looks aggressive. The exhaust note is another favorite.

Ford needs to put a higher quality interior into the Stangs (dash, seat materials, etc.); I'm sure this will happen in '05. I'm also happy to hear the '05 will gain 40 horsepower.

YEAH, baby!
By MattPr

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We bought our '02 GT brand new off the lot and love it. The Premium package was worth it; leather everything, 17" Bullitt wheels and Mach 460 stereo. Gas mileage is good for the V8; 20 city, 26-28 highway. I wouldn't trade the car for anything; except a Mach 1 or Cobra. (Maybe next year) And black was definitely the color; the car looks MEAN.

In order; V8, 5-speed (firm but smooth), 17" Bullitt rims, FlowMasters (aftermarket add)

Minor stuff only; Cheap-plastic door handles should go, so should "rabbit- ear" shoulder-belt guide.

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium
By Crowley

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is great. The performance is the main selling point. I got my Stang for my second childhood. The only thing I find fault in is the front seat design. The GT does not have a head rest that actually works. Besides that the car is great, perfomance out of the box is more than impressive, and best of all the chicks love it.

Performance, performance, performance and the chicks like it to.

The interior front seats have no head support. the Mustang Pony Edition, Mach 1 and Bullet cars all have better design. Other than that the car is great. Did I say that the car was great alone with the chick love it.

Great for the money
By hlucas

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wish it had the independent suspension on the rear. Rear end hop is bad on rough corners

handling and performance

Needs independent rear suspension.