2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 5

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

GT Deluxe Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I sure miss my Stang!
By glennt on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased new GT back in March of 02. I was thrilled with the car in every way. Sadly, I only had it for about 3 months and 4,000 miles when some kid (without insurance) lost control on a wet road and t-boned me in the driver's side door at about 40 mph. The fire department had to use the jaws of life to pull the door off of my lap. However, all I came out of it with was 10 stitches in my elbow from the glass and a really sore hip for a couple of weeks. After I finally saw the outside of the car, I saw just how well it had saved my life. In conclusion, I had full insurance and will be getting the "exact" same color and model sometime this week.

nice car
By tomw212 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I feel the car is a good balance between comfort and performance. It is quick and handles well enough to be fun, and comfortable enough to be my daily driver. The car also gets pretty good gas mileage ranging from 21-26 mpg.

This pony is a gelding
By isleofdogs on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drove but didn't by the GT pony. I'm 5'7" and found it to not have enough head room. The interior was very plain. My biggest problem though was the big drop in power when shifting into second gear. The car REALLY dropped out of its power band.

Fun car but could use improvements
By lirpa on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought the car. I am remotley satified. Pretty car. Will see how it holds up.

An American Legand Lives!
By Mr. Mustang on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

In the past I have had and driven my share of cars and I can tell you that my Mustang GT is by far my favorite. My other friends with their Hondas, Acuras, and Toyotas only wish they could keep up. Plus with over 300 pounds of torque, you can burn the tires until the cows come home. You can't beat American Muscle.

Great car for the money
By Left Lane on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Have had my GT for 7 months now.........
By NV02GT on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Mustang since 1983, and Ford, IMO, continues to improve on quality and performance with each new offering. Hey, this 'great bang for your buck' vehicle ain't a Corvette or Camaro, but if you really need a Chevy killer, order yourself a new '03 Cobra. Some of the above reviewers express a dissatifaction with their new ride; you've got to thoroughly test drive and check for interior/exterior flaws before you sign the dotted line! I went through 4 new GTs on 3 different lots before I found one with a flawless paint job and mechanical operation. Hood and side scoops are fake - so what! They add to the overall looks of a great car!

mustangs are perfect
By ledoux on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The mustang GT was one of the most perfect cars ever made. So many things can be done to these vehicles to make them the fastest around. Everything from the Roush to the Saleen, they are all unique in some way. People think they are too abundant, but for the price and looks what else would you buy... not a camaro.

Incrediable
By Rex Stefanhauser on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I simply think Mustang are the best cars on the panet!

Mustang "The Legendary Pony Car"
By Styles on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car