Used 2002 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Paint Job!!!
By Angela Hebert

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I loved my mustang until the paint just started flaking away on a routine carwash. Be careful with Ford and their paint!!!! They will not pay for it to be repainted. I am especially disappointed in my dealership(The Bohn Zone) they wouldn't "cut me a deal" because I didn't get maintance work done their. I thought buying the car their would be enough. So ask about these things before you buy a 2002 or any other Ford.

Favorite Features

Power seats, body style

Suggested Improvements

New and improved paint jobs with lifetime warrenties.

Patrol Car?
By MgmFlyer

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven this Mustang as my work car. Much less suspecting than a CrownVic for law enforcement purposes. Handles well, no complaints on the road. Not made to transport large people in the rear seats, but plenty of room in the trunk. Anxious to get the 2005 and put it into service!

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Simple, yet sporty. Spacious trunk area. In 2 years...not one trip to shop for warranty work!

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the quality of the plastic on the interior. Needs cruise control light on the dash for night drivers.

My Mustang
By Jane Greene

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am a young driver, so this car made driving not only fun but a great experience aswell. Its easy to drive and easy to control. It also makes quite a statement if you are a student!

We Love This Car!
By BStoringer

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It may be too early to give this car a total review because my wife and I just bought this car yesteday, but our initial experience is nothing short of spectacular. The ride is smooth and I love the muscled roar of the engine as you accelerate. With the V6 engine, I'm not going to win too many drag races, but that's not why we bought the car. The interior is more comfortable than many of the other sports cars we have and I could go on and on about how much I love how it looks. We got a dark blue Stang and it is the most beautiful car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling; handling; power.

Suggested Improvements

To be honest. I have none. We had a snow storm last night so I can't drive it today, so that would have to be my only complaint.

My Coupe
By gbeith

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The experience with the car has been pretty good. The only problem was understanding how the hood needed to be closed very heavily (i.e. dropped from a height), and that on occasion the parking brake seems to stick on a little cuasing over heating of the brakes.

Favorite Features

Manual/stick shift. Great performance for the price. The styling.

Suggested Improvements

Make the closing of the hood less of a "shock" technique. Make the radio ariel easier to remove without need for a wrench.