2002 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Not Too Bad...Not Too Good Either
By marcus sean on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the Mustang GT Vert for one reason: to have fun on those summer days/nights. For performance, it doesn't pull like a V8 @ all. It's missing a little grunt. For a 260HP/3800+Lbs ratio, I really did not expect for this car to fly. Interior design is superb, especially that I got the tan leater interior. I really don't like the fact that Ford had to place the shifter so far. An 18 wheeler truck's shifter is much closer. Exterior design:It takes time before you get used to it. Hate those antennas. For a car under $30K, I would recommend the Mustang GT, NOTHING ELSE!!!

1999 Mustang GT convertable
By mac8169 on 03/13/02 10:31 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Funest car I have ever driven! Good power while still posessing much comfort and refinement.

fun to drive
By rainer on 03/03/02 19:00 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Mustang is fun. Negative: these huge air-scoops - would like to get rid of that but it's standard. Ford should give their customers the choice if they want that. Some minor quality issues : squeeking noise in dashboard, rear seat with small gap in cloth (fix under warranty...) Rear solid axle is from the museum - but with US speeds certainly acceptable (would not try that on high speed European roads...) Net - a fun car with acceptable negatives - we like to dirve and wait for sun.

Franken' GT
By AMMotorsports on 03/02/02 21:05 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car clobbered, was hit in side and warped like a banana. So I bought another cut them in half and put them together, quite a job but the car is one of the most fun to drive cars I've owned, love the drop top. decent power. But sad to say I must sell her. I need the down payment for my 2003 cobra convt. Rock On FORD!!! Keep bangin them out!

6 to one, half dozen to the other
By bigfly on 02/27/02 17:28 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We had the car for a month or so until we noticed the ground effects in the front were warped. We were told by Ford that we could either leave it alone or have them replace it.I elected to leave it alone. Overall, we were impressed with the acceleration and amenities of the car, along with the build quality of the somewhat dated interior. We were happy with the looks of the car and the Mach 460 sound system whether the top was up or down!

It's a very expensive pile
By abstrakt101 on 02/26/02 13:28 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Who would pay $30,000 for an underpowered piece of junk? Sure, they're pretty, but where does the $30,000 come into place? You can get a BMW for the price of a Mustang. Come on people, stop wasting your money