Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

For what it is, I'm satisfied.
By no_jazz

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall it's a very fun car to drive on smooth, twisty roads with the top down. Throw in the Mach stereo system and a lot of fun can be had. To get the most fun out of this car, it needs to be pushed: high revs and twisty bits of pavement will plaster a smile to your face. As far as practicality is concerned, this car leaves a bit to be desired. The trunk is small and the back seat is barely usable. Get this car off of smooth surfaces and squeaks and rattles abound. The FE isn't too bad for a V8. If you're looking for a fun, RWD, convertible that has great looks, a decent interior, a great sound system, you'll probably be satisfied with this vehicle.

Power, performace, convertible top, stereo system, exhaust note, wheels on premium trim level.

Better interior materials, better fit and finish, a floor+dash mix option for the HVAC system, better bucket seats with more bolstering, higher quality leather, exterior temp reading with odometer.

What a blast!!
By william

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first car in 1979 was a 65 Mustang coupe my dad sold to the little old lady that I purchased it from new. I debated on whether or not to spend my money on vintage or new but not for long once I drove the new. This car is pure joy to drive around town and on the open road. Go 5 speed (I live in city and it's no big deal.) Only use 1st occassionally, normally starting in second (try it).

The whole look of the car, from the wheels, side vents, hood scoop, and low profile; the mach 400 sound system is crisp; the 5 speed (why would anyone go auto?)

I folded the boot cover a month ago and it developed two creases that make it impossible to use. I'm going to try to get the dealer to give me a new one.

Incredible
By Pickle

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love the exhaust sound, and there is nothing like the wind blowing through your hair in a convertible. It turns alot of heads and I get a lot of positive comments from people. Gas mileage is excellent, near 28 mpg on the highway. Small issue with driver's side window that I need to get fixed but otherwise a very fun car.

Exhaust sound, lots of torque and convertible top with good gas mileage.

More power would be nice. And better front seats like my old integra had.

A few flaws but not bad
By Paul Jr

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First of all, I really got a great deal on my new Mustang and highly reccomend Traedwell Ford of Mobile, AL. Went back to the Mustang GT after a few years off and it as sweet as I remember it. I could do without the caution tags on the visor that will not seem to come off. Also the stereo buttons placement on the stereo make it very hard to see the stereo display when you are making adjustments. I hate the seatbelt warning sound when you are not wearing your belt and that the seat will not lay back. Please remember that the good over lap the bad by far but just some things to consider before you buy.

Looks better than the flat Trans Am and Camero. Just awesome, I highly reccomend the adding of the Saleen Roll Bar to the inside as it is only $800.00 and really looks sharp. I got drive out at $26,800 (tax, tag, and title included) and you should too. Perfect for the $$$.

Stereo is way to spread out, display screen should be bigger. Put the seatbelt caution stickers in the manual and not on the visor where they stick out like a soar thumb. Seats should be able to lay down as far as driver wants. All and all this is a good car for the money.

review on mustang
By lathaniel23

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I think it is a great car I feel like driving it more than even my favorite car the corvette,it has filled my every need and more and for less than 25,000 I dont think u can get a better deal. off the list of most affordable convertibles there is no car faster or better than the mustang.

the speed,(the engine),the design