2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Love my Mustang
By briteredgt on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've loved Mustang's since I knew what cars were. This is my third Mustang and they never get old to me. I wouldn't recommend anything less than a V-8 though. I've owned two automatics and my current 02 GT is a 5 speed. This car never gets old to look at or drive. You can't beat these cars for the money anywhere!!!!!!!!!

Good Looks/Performance, ok Build Quality
By sbviking on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What drew me to this car is the great exterior design: The stance is good, the ride height is right on, the wheels are sharp, Mineral Grey color is gorgeous, I personally like the scoops. The acceleration is great for day to day driving, especially if you need to get around someone on the freeway. The handling makes drivingaround town fun. Ford puts a decent stereo in this car (Mach), but the exhaust note sounds even better. I'm not too thrilled with the interior quality (seat foam, dash plastics that squeak), but I can live with it knowing what I paid for a V8.

YEAH, baby!
By MattPr on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We bought our '02 GT brand new off the lot and love it. The Premium package was worth it; leather everything, 17" Bullitt wheels and Mach 460 stereo. Gas mileage is good for the V8; 20 city, 26-28 highway. I wouldn't trade the car for anything; except a Mach 1 or Cobra. (Maybe next year) And black was definitely the color; the car looks MEAN.

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium
By Crowley on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is great. The performance is the main selling point. I got my Stang for my second childhood. The only thing I find fault in is the front seat design. The GT does not have a head rest that actually works. Besides that the car is great, perfomance out of the box is more than impressive, and best of all the chicks love it.

Great for the money
By hlucas on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wish it had the independent suspension on the rear. Rear end hop is bad on rough corners

PROBLEMS
By BRUSH26 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

HAD IN THE SHOP IN THE FIRST MONTH. HAD IN THE SHOP 5 TIMES NOW. CAR DIES ALL OF THE SUDDEN. SYCRONIZERS IN TRANS HAVE BEEN REPLACED 2. NEED MORE POWER. SHIFTER FEELS LIKE YOU ARE ROWING A BOAT. EXPECT MORE FROM THE NEW LINE IN 2005.

Auto Owners Put The Pedal To The Floor!!
By Mystang on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 2002 Prem.GT Coupe Mech460 that is so loud it shakes my neibor house.Red lazor tint paint is the head turner when I'm at a light.I have an auto trans. and any of you that think this car is laking power,drive about 20 mph and put the pedal fast all the way to the floor WOW!! unbelievable.Watch the rpm, the car hits 6.5 and 7.5.Driving regular the car shifts at 2 to 2.5.Put the pedal to the floor baby!

Moving UP
By mkiker1 on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I first started with a 98 LX silver Mustang and have been hooked ever since... I like the body styles and the performance for the price... I wish that the car could be a little more spacious.. I'm very satisfied with the quality and I never had any problems with my 98 which I put about 45,000 miles on, but my GT has had some minor problems it's first year... I can't wait til the 2005's come out and I plan on either moving up to the Cobra or another GT...

Bad vibrations
By kg1957 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2002 Gt has very poor ride on the interstate. The vehicle has a constant vibration at 70 mph. The car has had 11 tires replced and the drive shaft. The car still has a vibration coming from the engine. Ford motor company tells me nothing wrong with vehicle. I will never buy another FORD.

Like it but don't love it!
By RotoMustang on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car needs more power! I feel like I have to work way too hard to blow some very ordinary cars away! It took me until 3rd gear to finally pull away from a Toyota Avalon the other day...That's Embarrassing! It also needs more room. I'm 6'3" and the seat needs to go back another 2" and down another 1". Ford definitely has the best looking muscle car on the market, but it needs more power, err muscle!