Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Lots of miles, still cuisin'
By Doug

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mustang GT through Ebay in 2005 (had 45,000 miles), with excellent success. I drive the car quite often, with multiple out of state trips. The highway mileage is 27- 29 mpg (this at 80 mph!), the city mileage is 20-23 mpg (depends on AC usage). I'm nearing 100,000 miles, with absolutely no issues. I would buy another Mustang in a heartbeat.

Looks, gas mileage for V8

Change the seat design (specifically the headrest)! These are the most uncomfortable seats of any car I've owned.

I love my Mustang!
By Sandra

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a little over 3 years now, and still love it! It's never had a problem, looks beautiful and handles great. The Mustang is an incredibly fun car to drive, and a great value for the money.

Great acceleration, extremely useful for getting up to speed and merging on highways. Beautiful styling.

The interior could use a little work, but is acceptable. The automatic transmission still has the annoying "rubber band" effect when shifting gears hard (especially 3rd- 4th). Let up on the acceleration before reaching 4th gear to lessen the effect.

'02 Mustang GT
By georgebush

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the best. I currently have a '65 and now my '02 Stang. The ride and muscle car performace is true to its name. Put some new mufflers to richen the exhaust note and have fun. Even the Chevy guys like the Mustang sound!

The ability to turn off the traction control. This allows you to truly enjoy the car.

Make the seats a bit more comfortable for the long haul and as always add more bang for the buck.

GT Premium
By Danielle

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car! Always reliable and looks beautiful. The car has never let me down. Just enough power to get you in trouble, while still getting good gas mileage! The car is comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Takes about 3 seconds to pass a motorhome while cruising at 55mph on the highway. The car provides excellent performance. Suspension is stiff, so you don't get the luxurious ride of a Lincoln, but that was not the manufacturer's idea. Would highly recommend!

Looks, performance.

Wish it handled like a vette!

I love this car!
By Timmy Powell

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd Mustang GT that I have owned the first being a 2000. I love everything about the car. It is fun to drive on the freeway and through the curves. The 02 is much improved over the 2000. The clutch and transmission seem to be in better harmony with the car and the driver. Given the chance, I would purchase the same car again.

The 260hp v-8 that gets 28-29 mpg on long trips. The 6 disc changer is a great feature that I use all the time. Leather seats are a must have.

Give it more sound. After all it is a V8. I put Flowmaster super 40's on and cut the rear converters off and now it has that 70's Mustang rumble that it should have.