2002 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Simply Amazing
By AntMan78 on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third mustang. I went from the standard v6 coupe, to the v6 coupe premium convertible, to the now v8 premium convertible....which is no other way to describe than Simply Amazing. The v6 is good......but once you drive the amazing v8, you will not settle for anything less. If you can afford the extra cash I highly suggest opting for the more agressive v8.

Best commute ever!
By FD on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am one of those poor bastards having to commute 50 miles up and down every day. What better way than to do it in a Mustang convertible! It sounds great (both with the top up and down), not in the least because of the great Mach sound system. My wife loves it too, especially when she straps the kiddy seats in the back (they actually fit!) and the girls sit there with the top down trying to keep the long hair out of their faces. You should hear them screaming "Yahoo!" every time she pulls up from a traffic light.

Coveted For 30 Years-No Disappointments
By TDP on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Coveting for 3 decades can lead to one heck of a fall. This ragtop GT has satisfied my every childhood and adult expectation, unwaveringly. The car came out of the factory problem- free, as specced. Not a single problem has arisen in 6 fine months of ownership. Worried about reliability? Forget it. My '89 LX 5.0 has 149+k and is STILL kicking fast, fast, fast. Fit and finish are excellent, as are the price, peformance, steering, braking and handling. You want upscale luxury and similar features? That's your problem. I'll take this Ford and retire younger. Live below your means, folks. The real fun is behind that chromed galloping pony.

Lovin it
By ponyman on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am finally a mustang owner. The 2002 mustang I recently purchased has lived up to all of the hype. I am impressed with the styling and the way the car drives and handles. This mustang has hertiage written all over it. What an incredible piece of american muscle.

First Time In A Mustang
By Dave412 on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm 47 and just bought this car for some driving fun. It hasn't disappointed. The 5-speed shifts very smoothly. The engine growl is very pleasing from the inside cabin, even though it could be a bit louder from the outside dual exhaust. The Mach 1000 stereo is awesome. The ride even though stiff, doesn't bother me. I knew before buying the car that everything would not be perfect, but what is? In my opinion, the car rides great, sounds agressive enough, has plenty of power for my driving habits and is exciting to drive.

Mustang kicks ***
By joey on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never owned a better car in my life. OK, sure, I'm a little Mustang bias, since my last car was also a 1991 Mustang, but I wouldn't keep buying the same car if it wasn't satisfying me. The ride is smooth. The power is supreme. The look is dashing. What more could you want?

katie
By moondust on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

this is the best car i have ever owned

NO HATS OFF
By back on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

POOR BUILD QUALITY

FUN MUSTANG
By MIKE on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

tHIS IS MY 3RD MUSTANG. THE BEST ONE SO FAR. GOT TRIPLE BLACK CONVERTIBLE. A GREAT CAR FOR A GREAT PRICE.

Just Another Review
By RS0460a on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Retro in style, in handling, and in functionality. Nothing too hi-tech, better than average sound system, so-so power (no, it's not a 390 or 460 Ford, but it can also pass the gas station without stopping for a drink!). Sitting in the driver's seat reminds me of the view of my old '58 T-bird (dual "cockpit", hood scoop). The ride's nice, the 5-speed has a longer throw than I like, but then again, I'm not going to "power shift" at my age. The rear seat - is nonfunctional (I don't have kids/grand kids to worry about). As far as I'm concerned, it's an extension of the trunk. The car is primarily a 2-seat "sports" vehicle thatÂ’s more functional than an old MG (and maybe a lot more reliable).