Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The American Mustang
By whyfly12

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best car i have ever owned. It is fun to drive and all my friends fight over who gets to ride with me. In all reality it is only a two seater. Mustangs are the last of the pony cars and are a true American Icon.

A must for mustangs is the V-8 engine. The standard V-6 just doesn't have the power. The V-8 gives a roar like no other and is the real fun of a muscle car.

If you get a convertible you need a new boot because the factory one is crap. Also it is hard to get it washed in the winter where salt is used because you need undercariagge wash without a hot wax applied.

My 2002 GT convertable
By joetech

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had a great experience with this automobile. It has turned heads from day 1! Everybody comments on this car, especially the sleek look and it's curb appeal. I have never had any major issues with this car. The drivers door window motor was replaced shortly after I purchased, other than that it has been no issues at all! This is a FORD product, it was built well.

Stereo, convertable top and the keyless entry.

This automobile was made perfectly! Sure the 2005 will feature a new body style, but the 2002 is the best.

2002 Gt Convertible
By CjJimmy

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have driven my car for about 8 months and I love it. True there are more powerful cars out there but they have bigger engine. The 4.6 does great for it's displacement and I think that the car has a great drivetrain. I would have to rate this car higher than any I've had to date excepting my new 93 Cobra. The quality and dependability of the car is great and it draws attention if you like that concept.

Convertible top, cd system, interior is fantastic.

The option to get the supercharger as an option on all the GT mustangs. A few more of the comforts of the luxury cars.

Mustan
By GT-Rocks

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mustang GT Conv. over a year ago. So far it is the best car I have onwed, over Camaro, TransAm and Honda. It handles best on the market and blows the doors of most other cars. The back seat is quite small but is far less noiser than any other convertable I have owned.

Sound System rocks, performance and breaking.

Roomer back seat and milage

An American Classic
By NavyDoc

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I get lots of looks and comments at stop lights. Nice acceleration. Incredible sound system. Not too bad gas mileage, all things considered. My mineral grey with black convertible top and black leather interior 'stang looks great. My main complaint is that, on 3 separate occasions, the gas flow to the engine shut off when I was decelerating with the clutch pushed in - probably a computer chip problem that can be fixed by the dealer at no-cost to me. I plan to keep this car forever, although I will likely be buying a 4-wheel drive Escape for winter driving.

Styling, horsepower, price (I paid slightly over $24,000 for my brand new convertible GT premium, after rebates and A-plan money). Fantastic standard sound system. A classic all-American muscle car that will likely become a classic.

Horsepower, independent rear suspension. I'd like to have a cassette player in addition to the standard CD player.