Used 2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Ford Mustang
By mustangman

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love Ford Mustangs

I like the body and the muscle.

You Get What You Pay For!
By Debideb

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a "fun" car. I find it a pleasure to drive, especially with the top down. The V6 is one of the best in it's class and has plenty of pep.If you want to race, buy the GT.Yes it has inadequate storage, that's not what it's built for! It's built for pleasure, not hauling the family.For the price,I don't think you can find a better looking, more reliable convertible.People might immediately shout Sebring.My answer, buy a Sebring if you LOVE your service mangager, because you'll be seeing alot of him.Been there, done that!Ford has done a good job of putting all of the essential options into an affordable package.

Sound and reliable. Plenty of pep. Great sound system. Looks good, handles well. Fun to drive!

My only complaint are the seats. They haven't changed since 1984 (or maybe earlier?). They definitely could be more comfortable. They're not UNcomfortable, they just could be better.

V6, but plenty peppy
By iwphill

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2002 V6 auto a week ago w/just under 25K miles, and it's awesome! I didn't need a car that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds, but this car still passes plenty of "sporty" cars without much effort. Plus, it's fun to drive and looks good, too. I usually buy imports, and just hope that F.O.R.D. doesn't really stand for Fix Or Repair Daily! So far, it hasn't missed a beat. Smooth ride, and not bad on gas.

Smooth shifts, passing power, driving position.

The view out the windshield shows a lot of hood - could stand to be redesigned. Also, suspension doesn't handle crossing train tracks all that well. Other than that, it's a great car.

8 cylinders so you can hear me coming.
By ROCKSTAR

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the V-8 power and excitement. The leather and power was just to show off for the girls. It leaks in the car wash. It's noisy as all (blank) due to the flowmasters. It has cowl shake. The rear suspension is crap, but it puts the power down, and that's the point. It's loud and proud, it's fast, and it eats the lunch of most challengers, especially those snippy hondas. If I wanted nice, I would've gotten an Acura.

4.6 V-8 with flowmasters.

Please God re-do the interior. Either slam the suspension to go all out sport or do it comfortable like your mom's taurus, in between just gets annoying. More colors.

Mustan
By GT-Rocks

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mustang GT Conv. over a year ago. So far it is the best car I have onwed, over Camaro, TransAm and Honda. It handles best on the market and blows the doors of most other cars. The back seat is quite small but is far less noiser than any other convertable I have owned.

Sound System rocks, performance and breaking.

Roomer back seat and milage