Used 2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Worst Ford ever owned
By nrivet

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it in September of 2001 and it has already been in the shop 5 times. I noticed that there was a rip in the back seat. The car had a bad sincer within the 2nd month. When I am rolling the window down or up there is this very LOUD squeeking noise. I can not take it through a touchless car wash because it leaks. If that is the case then Ford should have their sales people explain that to the buyer before purchasing the car.

Favorite Features

I do enjoy riding with the top down when the sun is out.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality on interior and exterior.

tired of the vibrations
By Pratap

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2002 ford convertible mustang which I bought in 2007 april but since then I've never enjoyed my ride. This car is full of vibrations. I took to many good local dealers but they couldnt fix it and finally wanted to go to the Tulsa Ford showroom but these people, even though they do not have any work, doesn't bother to look at my car. This is the experience I had with a FORD vehicle.

Get a Camaro ...
By GTStylez

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had it with this car. I find myself challenged by Camaros from the late 80s. Even the 5.0 Foxes of days gone can give me a good run for the money. Where's the improvement, Ford? On the AutoX, because the rear-end is too high, I tend to fishtail out. I'm not a bad driver, either. FOr the money I could spend in mods, I would rather save up and buy an F-bod. GM, come back, I'm sorry!

Favorite Features

Sound -- the only thing we have over F-bodies is our wonderful exhaust. Too bad we don't have the performance to back it up.

Suggested Improvements

MAKE IT FASTER.

Never again!!!
By Andrew123

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just say "RECALL". Ford and Quality do not match. Never again a Ford vehiclte.

Mustang GT Convertible - great car!
By Herb Trisler

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2002 Mustang GT Convertible now for about 18 months. It consistently outperforms the hottest of import sports cars, even those advertising 30-40 more horsepower. Gas mileage is a pleasant surprise... 18-20 in town, 25-27 on the highway. The car is not really tightly built, but it holds up well even under hard use. The sum total of the pieces add up to a car that is quick, fast, exciting and fun to drive, and turns heads wherever it goes. I could not have done better with my money.

Favorite Features

The convertible top is easy to use, the 4.6L V8 gives great performance, the looks of the car inside and out are admired by everybody.

Suggested Improvements

The driver's seat is hard to get comfortable in...it needs more settings. The shifter is stiff and notchy, but works well once you get used to it.