2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Lots of miles, still cuisin'
By Doug on 04/08/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mustang GT through Ebay in 2005 (had 45,000 miles), with excellent success. I drive the car quite often, with multiple out of state trips. The highway mileage is 27- 29 mpg (this at 80 mph!), the city mileage is 20-23 mpg (depends on AC usage). I'm nearing 100,000 miles, with absolutely no issues. I would buy another Mustang in a heartbeat.

I love my Mustang!
By Sandra on 05/25/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a little over 3 years now, and still love it! It's never had a problem, looks beautiful and handles great. The Mustang is an incredibly fun car to drive, and a great value for the money.

'02 Mustang GT
By georgebush on 05/02/07 14:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the best. I currently have a '65 and now my '02 Stang. The ride and muscle car performace is true to its name. Put some new mufflers to richen the exhaust note and have fun. Even the Chevy guys like the Mustang sound!

GT Premium
By Danielle on 02/11/07 18:50 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car! Always reliable and looks beautiful. The car has never let me down. Just enough power to get you in trouble, while still getting good gas mileage! The car is comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Takes about 3 seconds to pass a motorhome while cruising at 55mph on the highway. The car provides excellent performance. Suspension is stiff, so you don't get the luxurious ride of a Lincoln, but that was not the manufacturer's idea. Would highly recommend!

I love this car!
By Timmy Powell on 12/30/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd Mustang GT that I have owned the first being a 2000. I love everything about the car. It is fun to drive on the freeway and through the curves. The 02 is much improved over the 2000. The clutch and transmission seem to be in better harmony with the car and the driver. Given the chance, I would purchase the same car again.

Mustang review
By Brian Yates on 07/18/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I like driving my Mustang. It is a comfortable ride but the performance is not what I expected. I really expected more.

Least expensive sports car you can buy
By Andrew Connelly on 05/05/06 12:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT two weeks ago. I was going to trade in my wife's car, give her my SUV (since she is stopping work), and buy a sports sedan for myself. I looked around and found that the sports sedans I liked, even used, were about $27k and up. I found this car with 17k miles for $15.8k. So I kept both cars and added this as a third. It already has the Magnaflow exhaust and cold air intake system. I highly recommend the Magnaflow exhaust for this particular year. It really sounds great. Not too loud, not as soft as the stock. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and they fit in the back no problem. Took 7 years of convincing my wife, but worth it.

Great car to buy!
By John55 on 03/23/06 19:40 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Before buying the car I considered either the Mustang or a Trans Am. I picked the Mustang because it looks better on the outside and on the inside. It's also a great car for modding. Just added 3.73 gears, K&N intake, Diablo Predator programmer, Bassain O/R X-pipe, Borla catback, short throw shifter, and lowering springs. Also add 03 Cobra rims with 315's in rear and you're set. With these mods I put down 278rwhp and 308rwtq.

Good Value
By SevenBizzos on 10/30/05 04:59 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the GT as a "second" car for fun and to be an owner of the most popular performance car ever. It's a good car - no big complaints. Acceleration is adequate given the factory gear ratio. Cornering and handling are merely average considering the weight of the vehicle. I got the Mach 1000 option and am only marginally satisfied with its performance considering the price ($1200). Build your own stereo system, swap the axle gears to a 3.73 or 4.10, add a Predator tuner, and buy a lowering/performance suspension system and you'll have a great car.

Get one!
By Nate on 05/31/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car used from a private party. Granted the transmission Ford outsourced may be the weakest link and I have taken it to the dealer for repairs. Otherwise the car runs smooth and drives great. The seats could be more comfortable and the dash is a little plain but the performance and bang for the buck this car provides is worth it. I love being part of the history of a great automobile name.