2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The American Mustang
By whyfly12 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best car i have ever owned. It is fun to drive and all my friends fight over who gets to ride with me. In all reality it is only a two seater. Mustangs are the last of the pony cars and are a true American Icon.

My 2002 GT convertable
By joetech on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had a great experience with this automobile. It has turned heads from day 1! Everybody comments on this car, especially the sleek look and it's curb appeal. I have never had any major issues with this car. The drivers door window motor was replaced shortly after I purchased, other than that it has been no issues at all! This is a FORD product, it was built well.

2002 Gt Convertible
By CjJimmy on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have driven my car for about 8 months and I love it. True there are more powerful cars out there but they have bigger engine. The 4.6 does great for it's displacement and I think that the car has a great drivetrain. I would have to rate this car higher than any I've had to date excepting my new 93 Cobra. The quality and dependability of the car is great and it draws attention if you like that concept.

Mustan
By GT-Rocks on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mustang GT Conv. over a year ago. So far it is the best car I have onwed, over Camaro, TransAm and Honda. It handles best on the market and blows the doors of most other cars. The back seat is quite small but is far less noiser than any other convertable I have owned.

An American Classic
By NavyDoc on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I get lots of looks and comments at stop lights. Nice acceleration. Incredible sound system. Not too bad gas mileage, all things considered. My mineral grey with black convertible top and black leather interior 'stang looks great. My main complaint is that, on 3 separate occasions, the gas flow to the engine shut off when I was decelerating with the clutch pushed in - probably a computer chip problem that can be fixed by the dealer at no-cost to me. I plan to keep this car forever, although I will likely be buying a 4-wheel drive Escape for winter driving.

For what it is, I'm satisfied.
By no_jazz on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall it's a very fun car to drive on smooth, twisty roads with the top down. Throw in the Mach stereo system and a lot of fun can be had. To get the most fun out of this car, it needs to be pushed: high revs and twisty bits of pavement will plaster a smile to your face. As far as practicality is concerned, this car leaves a bit to be desired. The trunk is small and the back seat is barely usable. Get this car off of smooth surfaces and squeaks and rattles abound. The FE isn't too bad for a V8. If you're looking for a fun, RWD, convertible that has great looks, a decent interior, a great sound system, you'll probably be satisfied with this vehicle.

What a blast!!
By william on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first car in 1979 was a 65 Mustang coupe my dad sold to the little old lady that I purchased it from new. I debated on whether or not to spend my money on vintage or new but not for long once I drove the new. This car is pure joy to drive around town and on the open road. Go 5 speed (I live in city and it's no big deal.) Only use 1st occassionally, normally starting in second (try it).

Incredible
By Pickle on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Love the exhaust sound, and there is nothing like the wind blowing through your hair in a convertible. It turns alot of heads and I get a lot of positive comments from people. Gas mileage is excellent, near 28 mpg on the highway. Small issue with driver's side window that I need to get fixed but otherwise a very fun car.

A few flaws but not bad
By Paul Jr on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First of all, I really got a great deal on my new Mustang and highly reccomend Traedwell Ford of Mobile, AL. Went back to the Mustang GT after a few years off and it as sweet as I remember it. I could do without the caution tags on the visor that will not seem to come off. Also the stereo buttons placement on the stereo make it very hard to see the stereo display when you are making adjustments. I hate the seatbelt warning sound when you are not wearing your belt and that the seat will not lay back. Please remember that the good over lap the bad by far but just some things to consider before you buy.

review on mustang
By lathaniel23 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I think it is a great car I feel like driving it more than even my favorite car the corvette,it has filled my every need and more and for less than 25,000 I dont think u can get a better deal. off the list of most affordable convertibles there is no car faster or better than the mustang.