Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

eh
By Ed

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First off, I overpaid for the car by about $2-3k. Which wouldn't be a problem because I love the design of the car, and the constant attention it gets. But the car loses value at an unacceptable rate. It's honestly sickening, it's been sitting in my garage for 4 months and it's lost over $2k in value!

V8 power, convertible top, 6 CD changer.

Value is ridiculously low.

Mustang GT Convertible - great car!
By Herb Trisler

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2002 Mustang GT Convertible now for about 18 months. It consistently outperforms the hottest of import sports cars, even those advertising 30-40 more horsepower. Gas mileage is a pleasant surprise... 18-20 in town, 25-27 on the highway. The car is not really tightly built, but it holds up well even under hard use. The sum total of the pieces add up to a car that is quick, fast, exciting and fun to drive, and turns heads wherever it goes. I could not have done better with my money.

The convertible top is easy to use, the 4.6L V8 gives great performance, the looks of the car inside and out are admired by everybody.

The driver's seat is hard to get comfortable in...it needs more settings. The shifter is stiff and notchy, but works well once you get used to it.

2002 Mustang GT Convertible
By Mary

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's fast, sporty, comfortable and a real head turner. Outstanding handling and pick up.

Absolutely love the speed and handling of this car. The stereo with 6 CD changer is awesome. Clean classic Mustang lines and the V8 is superb.

With the top up, there is slight difficulty in seeing (blind spot) when backing out of parking areas. More comfortable back seats and leg room would be an advantage as well.

Ford Mustang -- fun to drive
By Nancy

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car has definitely been fun to drive; it handles great and has a lot of power. However, I just spent two weeks in a rental because of rust on the panel above my windshield. The seal was faulty and 3 months out of warranty. I don't suggest an aftermarket car starter. My car has issues with starting due to it. Other than that, I love it!

It's a convertible, what more do you need?

Extended warranty on rust and paint.

Love My 'Stang
By Herb Trisler

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a head turner because of the looks, the sound, and the power. Ford has done an incredible job of keeping the Mustang at the forefront of motor vehicle desirability. Fun to drive, affordable, attractive. Very nice package.

Sensory appeal. Good looking, great sounding, exciting acceleration. Can't beat it for twice the money.

Less driveline clunk, although it isn't bad. Cruise control on indicator would be nice. Digital gear indicator would be nice too, like on some motorcycles.