2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I love this car, don't buy a Civic
By p-man165 on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This has been the best new car I have ever owned. Style, good fuel miles, sounds great, not like an electric razor. For a performance car it has a great ride and is comfortable. Standard features are very good. Loads of aftermarket parts to upgrade. With age the Mustang only gets better. Thanks Ford!!

Very Satisfied
By sdgrant on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

After owning a True Blue / Graphite interior convertible for 6 months, we haven't had any problems or trips to the dealer for repairs. Performance could be better, especially since other brands are getting over 250HP from smaller V6 motors (my 11-year-old Accord is faster). However, since this is a relatively economical model, we don't expect as much. We just drove 800 miles on a recent trip, and it ran smooth and strong on the freeway. It was really great winding through wine country in central CA with the top down, warm sun, beautiful ride.

Worst Ford ever owned
By nrivet on 03/11/02 16:35 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it in September of 2001 and it has already been in the shop 5 times. I noticed that there was a rip in the back seat. The car had a bad sincer within the 2nd month. When I am rolling the window down or up there is this very LOUD squeeking noise. I can not take it through a touchless car wash because it leaks. If that is the case then Ford should have their sales people explain that to the buyer before purchasing the car.