Used 2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best Top Down fun for the price
By Damian A. Durrant

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

You cannot get more fun in a car for under $25K. Sticks to the road, just enough torque to feel racy, and a great sound system, with a muscular, punchy styling. This car is solid and remains tight. One exception: squeeky windows that the dealer fixed. But not a single other problem since October 01. Essentially, Ford focused on the things a buyer like me wants, so there may be some paint runs under the trunk, but who cares? Do I wish it had about 40 more horsepower? Yes, its not quite as fast as its looks suggest, but that is being picky. Buy the GT for a few grand more if that is your concern. Overall, a surprisingly great buy.

Favorite Features

Sound system, definitely, which is one of the best I have heard. The styling. General tight feel of the entire car.

Suggested Improvements

More power is always good. There should be a feature that lowers all the windows just before the top goes down, then seals them. The speed sensitive volume is good, but seems to go up the same amount, whether the top is down or not, which is odd.

You Get What You Pay For!
By Debideb

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a "fun" car. I find it a pleasure to drive, especially with the top down. The V6 is one of the best in it's class and has plenty of pep.If you want to race, buy the GT.Yes it has inadequate storage, that's not what it's built for! It's built for pleasure, not hauling the family.For the price,I don't think you can find a better looking, more reliable convertible.People might immediately shout Sebring.My answer, buy a Sebring if you LOVE your service mangager, because you'll be seeing alot of him.Been there, done that!Ford has done a good job of putting all of the essential options into an affordable package.

Favorite Features

Sound and reliable. Plenty of pep. Great sound system. Looks good, handles well. Fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint are the seats. They haven't changed since 1984 (or maybe earlier?). They definitely could be more comfortable. They're not UNcomfortable, they just could be better.

02 Mustang Premium Convertible
By Roger4751

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Interior needs update, is old-fashioned looking. Gauge layout is blah. Seats have no lateral support.

Favorite Features

Mach 460 in-dash 6-CD player is FABULOUS! Best stock sound ever at any price vehicle I've had.

My Baby Car
By MeepishKitten

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love everything about my car! It is thrilling to ride in it with my convertible down, I am a true convertible lover. My favorite view of my car is when I am looking at the rear lights especially at night matched with the light on my aftermarket rollbar. It is absolutely adorable! I love vrooming around in it and hearing the engine. It really turns heads and the leather interior is very comfortable. There are many mustang pony markings on my car. I like running my hand over the rised pony in the center of my steering wheel. If I could do it again would I still buy a mustang convertible? In a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

The rear lights.

Suggested Improvements

Better lighting for the back because the lights in the front don't do enough to help you in finding something in the back. Also I think mustangs in general need more horsepower. I often say, I bought a mustang... SO WHERE ARE MY HORSES? *smile* Good luck with your searching.

Great Car!
By coloradodano

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, a very fun car. Jet black w/black interior looks sharp! Handles great, love the way it corners. The V6 is pretty good, and given the cost of insurance for the V8, it's very acceptable. The MACH sound system is fantastic!

Favorite Features

Styling and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to offer a HIGH QUALITY alarm system with this vehicle, in the same manner as that offerred for the T-bird.