2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My Stang
By Arlana Pinson on 02/25/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Many say that the Ford Mustang is not safe to drive in the rain or in the snow. I have driven it in both weather types. I believe that it does just fine. The thing to worry about is the driver. You know you're driving a sports car, therefore, be careful and everything else is fine.

Long Time Runnin'
By BBQDad on 02/24/06 08:53 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my 2002 Ford Mustang Coupe (232 Cu. In. V6, Auto/OD, Premium Edition) in August 2002. Vehicle has performed very well driving back and forth from Pittsburgh, PA, to Secaucus, NJ every other weekend, about 400 miles one way. The Mustang cruises effortlessly at highway speeds. Tranny is properly geared for city commutes, allowing the engine's torque peak to be used readily (torque peaks at just 2,750 RPM). Gas mileage ranges from 22 MPG in stop-and-go driving to 31 MPG on long, flat highway drives at 65 MPH. Sound system is good; AC handles summer heat. Still uses NO oil between changes! Goes WELL in snow, including recent trip through WV mountains during snowstorm! Still original battery.

nice ride
By black on 01/28/06 21:08 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Not only looks great but a fun ride. Could use more power in the v-6 but still a nice bit of get up and go.

Wow
By J on 01/27/06 16:41 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Perfect blend of quality and value. The interior is far more roomy than my old '97, though the back is still very small. Seems to handle flawlessly, with the exception of hitting a bump or a groove on a bridge while turning. Traction control is amazing, got me out of my parking lot uphill on glare ice where my old car would be running in place. Stops on a dime and you just get the feeling that it is an extremely safe car once you start driving it. Might not be the most gas-efficient but you will not find another car with this kind of performance that will get you 20/28 mpg.

Good Bang for your buck
By Ken R on 06/08/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Since I have always owned V8 powered cars, including Mustangs, I was a little skeptical that this car with a V6 would have any guts or fun to drive factor. Well, I was wrong. It has good power and decent handling. The interior needs improvement as well as the seats; no thigh or lateral support.

BEST CAR ON THE MARKET
By matt on 06/07/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang for awhile and it was the best investment i have ever made. It's perfect if you are wanting a car that will really turn some heads or just wanting a all around great car for everyday driving. Everyone I know has let me know how much they like the car, but none of them like it as much as I do. It is and in my mind always will be the greatest car ever produced by any manufacturer. I highly recommend this car to anyone wanting a car with a perfect blend of looks and comfort.

Safe Car
By Mjohnson on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Perfect car to drive, I bought it about a month after I turned 18 and let me tell you a lot of heads were turning too when I went by. So comfortable, nice looking, road unbelievable. Also having this car saved my life when I totalled it two weeks ago, some girl hit me. Held up very well in the crash, the car was just so awesome, I wouldn't suggest driving it in the snow though. I had two problems with the car but they were stupid things, a plug came out of my antifreeze(a 99 cent part), and there was a hole in my windshield wiper container, both covered under warrenty. Unfortunaty I think I have retired the Mustang for now I'm looking at other cars.

What A Car
By Stang Lvr on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Mustang, my first being a 1990 convertible 5.0. The improvement in quality is fantastic. This is a far, far better vehicle. The fit and finish, to date, are great. I have no qualms in reccomending this car to anyone.

I love it
By Pedermen on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love the way the car drives and handles. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. With a flowmaster exhaust system, it will sound close to a GT, gives a great driving experience. Even without exhaust it is fun and fast.

A Good Car for the Money
By dst104 on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Mustang I've owned, and I love it. It has a good solid ride, and the sound system is excellent. Even for a V6, the car still performs well.