2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Ford has finally done it
By troybowski on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car that does everything right. After wanting a mustang for years i finally have one and i can see what the fuss is about. This is the nicest car for the price in this class

Coveted For 30 Years-No Disappointments
By TDP on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Coveting for 3 decades can lead to one heck of a fall. This ragtop GT has satisfied my every childhood and adult expectation, unwaveringly. The car came out of the factory problem- free, as specced. Not a single problem has arisen in 6 fine months of ownership. Worried about reliability? Forget it. My '89 LX 5.0 has 149+k and is STILL kicking fast, fast, fast. Fit and finish are excellent, as are the price, peformance, steering, braking and handling. You want upscale luxury and similar features? That's your problem. I'll take this Ford and retire younger. Live below your means, folks. The real fun is behind that chromed galloping pony.

Best commute ever!
By FD on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am one of those poor bastards having to commute 50 miles up and down every day. What better way than to do it in a Mustang convertible! It sounds great (both with the top up and down), not in the least because of the great Mach sound system. My wife loves it too, especially when she straps the kiddy seats in the back (they actually fit!) and the girls sit there with the top down trying to keep the long hair out of their faces. You should hear them screaming "Yahoo!" every time she pulls up from a traffic light.

3.8L V6 1998 Mustang
By Gucci on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The Mustang is surely one of the best muscle cars in today's market. The design is very original and distinctive. Both the V8 and the V6 versions offer plenty of horsepower and make this car very fun to drive. Handling is good and predictable, but could be improved. The seats are confortable and the overall build quality is very good. The interior is stilish but the door handles are way too cheap. The trunk is surprisingly spacious and functional. This car is perfect for everyday driving.

Lovin it
By ponyman on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am finally a mustang owner. The 2002 mustang I recently purchased has lived up to all of the hype. I am impressed with the styling and the way the car drives and handles. This mustang has hertiage written all over it. What an incredible piece of american muscle.

First Time In A Mustang
By Dave412 on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm 47 and just bought this car for some driving fun. It hasn't disappointed. The 5-speed shifts very smoothly. The engine growl is very pleasing from the inside cabin, even though it could be a bit louder from the outside dual exhaust. The Mach 1000 stereo is awesome. The ride even though stiff, doesn't bother me. I knew before buying the car that everything would not be perfect, but what is? In my opinion, the car rides great, sounds agressive enough, has plenty of power for my driving habits and is exciting to drive.

Mustang kicks ***
By joey on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never owned a better car in my life. OK, sure, I'm a little Mustang bias, since my last car was also a 1991 Mustang, but I wouldn't keep buying the same car if it wasn't satisfying me. The ride is smooth. The power is supreme. The look is dashing. What more could you want?

katie
By moondust on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

this is the best car i have ever owned

Incrediable
By Rex Stefanhauser on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I simply think Mustang are the best cars on the panet!

Finally got my mustang
By mysts99 on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Though I have only had my new mustang for a couple of weeks I am enjoying it immensly. It has just the right amount of get up and go and is good on gas. I purchased a stock coupe with an automatic and it has everything I need. It's a real pleasure.