2002 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

review on mustang
By lathaniel23

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I think it is a great car I feel like driving it more than even my favorite car the corvette,it has filled my every need and more and for less than 25,000 I dont think u can get a better deal. off the list of most affordable convertibles there is no car faster or better than the mustang.

Favorite Features

the speed,(the engine),the design

Suggested Improvements

even more speed,faster engine

Great Car!
By coloradodano

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, a very fun car. Jet black w/black interior looks sharp! Handles great, love the way it corners. The V6 is pretty good, and given the cost of insurance for the V8, it's very acceptable. The MACH sound system is fantastic!

Favorite Features

Styling and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to offer a HIGH QUALITY alarm system with this vehicle, in the same manner as that offerred for the T-bird.

Simply Amazing
By AntMan78

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third mustang. I went from the standard v6 coupe, to the v6 coupe premium convertible, to the now v8 premium convertible....which is no other way to describe than Simply Amazing. The v6 is good......but once you drive the amazing v8, you will not settle for anything less. If you can afford the extra cash I highly suggest opting for the more agressive v8.

Favorite Features

The mach stereo system is fantastic, especially with the top down. Also you will have no problems passing cars with the GT V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

I am very satisfied with my new purchase and really have no area of improvements suggestion

I love this car, don't buy a Civic
By p-man165

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This has been the best new car I have ever owned. Style, good fuel miles, sounds great, not like an electric razor. For a performance car it has a great ride and is comfortable. Standard features are very good. Loads of aftermarket parts to upgrade. With age the Mustang only gets better. Thanks Ford!!

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, fuel milage and standard features. great top operation.

Suggested Improvements

All improvements that make this car better can be bought aftermarket, Ford should offer more of it.

Very Satisfied
By sdgrant

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

After owning a True Blue / Graphite interior convertible for 6 months, we haven't had any problems or trips to the dealer for repairs. Performance could be better, especially since other brands are getting over 250HP from smaller V6 motors (my 11-year-old Accord is faster). However, since this is a relatively economical model, we don't expect as much. We just drove 800 miles on a recent trip, and it ran smooth and strong on the freeway. It was really great winding through wine country in central CA with the top down, warm sun, beautiful ride.

Favorite Features

Drop top, higher resale than similar competitors (Camaro, Firebird, Spyder), very attractive finish that stands out.

Suggested Improvements

Faster top-up action, trunk is almost useless (too small), more performance from the large 3.8L V6.

Great car for the money
By Left Lane

2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Favorite Features

Very affordable muscle car Potentially aggressive V8 engine Great exhaust note In-your-seat acceleration: over 300ft/lb of torque! Comfortable sport seats Testosterone styling Fun 5 speed gearbox Lots of aftermarket & interest groups

Suggested Improvements

Outdated rear suspension with solid axle Engine ping under acceleration Plastic looking interior 260 horsepower is now 6 cyl. territory Over-all, unrefined (is this good or bad, you decide)

An American Legand Lives!
By Mr. Mustang

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

In the past I have had and driven my share of cars and I can tell you that my Mustang GT is by far my favorite. My other friends with their Hondas, Acuras, and Toyotas only wish they could keep up. Plus with over 300 pounds of torque, you can burn the tires until the cows come home. You can't beat American Muscle.

Favorite Features

Fantastic Handling, Great Sound System, and Killer Looks. Long live the V8.

Suggested Improvements

Better seals around the external rear view mirrors and windows.

Have had my GT for 7 months now.........
By NV02GT

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Mustang since 1983, and Ford, IMO, continues to improve on quality and performance with each new offering. Hey, this 'great bang for your buck' vehicle ain't a Corvette or Camaro, but if you really need a Chevy killer, order yourself a new '03 Cobra. Some of the above reviewers express a dissatifaction with their new ride; you've got to thoroughly test drive and check for interior/exterior flaws before you sign the dotted line! I went through 4 new GTs on 3 different lots before I found one with a flawless paint job and mechanical operation. Hood and side scoops are fake - so what! They add to the overall looks of a great car!

Favorite Features

Gotta love the looks! It grows on you. Hmmmm......wonder what the new body style for '04 will look like? Solid suspension for those 'spirited' Sunday drives in the mountains.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the T3650 5-spd tranny. That notchy 1-2 shift when car is cold is annoying. At 6'3", I wish there was an additional 1" or so of seat travel, and, better seats overall with firmer support would be nice.

LOVING MY MUSTANG
By MARIANNA

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I finally got my Mustang and I love it. The car has been very reliable and I look forward to driving it in the future. Everywhere I go, people can't help notice this beautiful car. It really is a classic and I am very proud to have it.

Favorite Features

The body that gives it a classic muscle image.

Suggested Improvements

I would agree that the glove compartment is a little too small.

mustangs are perfect
By ledoux

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The mustang GT was one of the most perfect cars ever made. So many things can be done to these vehicles to make them the fastest around. Everything from the Roush to the Saleen, they are all unique in some way. People think they are too abundant, but for the price and looks what else would you buy... not a camaro.