2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Don't get the V6!!
By stang on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Car has been taken back to the dealership for service an endless amount of times. Clutch replaced at 2,000 miles because of defective pressure plate, bad fuel pump, truck latch replaced - would pop open going 70 mph down the interstate, truck light would not turn off and drained the battery several times. New squeaks & noises everyday...

The best car ever built
By ricky9234 on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

The best car ever

Mustang GT a Real Pleaser
By I Mike on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Mustang GT is a real head turner. The acceleration and handling are outstanding and the Mach 460 stereo system rocks. The car is surprisingly refined for a rear drive muscle car and the quality seems to be very good. I would recommend this car to anyone whom wants a sporty, agressively styled car with the retro look and personality of a sixties musclecar.

V6 powered!
By LinzsYellowStang on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Ok, so I am poor and can only afford to pay insurance on a 6 cyl. but it was the best car I could have bought. After adding my cold air intake, dual exhaust, short throw shifter and new wheels, i easily made it in the 15's in the 1/4. Its a fun car to take out and road race, and I get alotta looks in the nice zinc yellow.

The Mustang GT needs new seats
By Robert Atkins on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The cloth seats in the Mustang GT are horrid. I am 6'2 - 6'3 and for the first week or so when I bought the vehicle I had a hell of a time getting comfortable. I am okay with it now. I have not sat in the premium with the leather seats but if it is anything like the Mercury 2002 Couger the leather seats are probably a lot better. If not for the seating I would rate the interior and comfort higher. Other than the seat I love the car.

4.6 motor oil leak, head gasket
By BlueMax on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After the car had approximately 2500 miles I started smelling burning oil. The dealer investigated the smell during the first oil, said nothing wrong.They discovered an oil leak on the head gasket and said the head gasket was blown. They said this was the cause of the smell. I was in disbelief, how could this happen I am the only driver and the car has always run fine and never run hot. The dealer said this was an isolated problem.Ford replaced the head first when that failed to correct the problem they installed a rebuilt engine. When I complained they extended the warranty to 100K.

Perfection
By Jiggz on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is perfect. It is for those young guys looking to impress the girls.

Good solid little car
By car lover on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I like the car. It is a great deal of fun to drive. The interior is reasonably comfortable and the controls and displays are laid out quite well. It handles well except over bumps(the solid rear axel has to go. The engine performance is OK not great. A 3.8 liter v-6 engine should be providing at least 220 HP. The engine is also unrefined, could run a little smoother and less noisy.

New Ford Fan!
By Selina on 03/14/02 17:30 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

After wanting a Mustang for 7 years, I finally broke down and bought one. The financing I got was so great, instead of buying the V6 as I had planned, I got the GT w/the MACH 1000 system. I LOVE IT!!!

Race Car Feel, Great Value
By Charles D. on 03/10/02 21:04 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Thinking about spending $40,000 for a "fast" new BMW 3 series? Well, if you do, please yield to the right when you are passed by the Mustang GT 5-speed. I've owned several cars in my life (yes, including 2 BMWs) and no car brings a smile to my face like the FORD Mustang GT 5-speed does. Great styling, great value, neck snapping performance and handling, all for half the price.