Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Lots of Fun!!
By Matt

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Quick and Fun! 78,000km on it & running strong. Good power, runs 5.4 seconds 0-60 stock. Responds well to modifications. Very comfortable seats, although not sporty feeling or looking. Interior is basic. Exterior looks fantastic. Bullitt rims are a must. Stereo has good bass and overall sound. Good on gas, for what it is. Best is 28.1 MPG highway. Worst is 17.9 all city. Average is 22 mpg, getting on it here and there. Sounds WICKED with full exhaust (I have a MAC Prochamber and Flowmasters). Lots & lots of compliments on sound & looks. Word to the wise: Check the transmission well before buying; this is a weakspot in alot of models. I would highly recommend this car! No problems.

Favorite Features

- FUN to drive!! - Decent power level - HUGE aftermarket following - Exterior looks awesome - Good stereo (MACH 460) - Rear wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

- Better transmission (many people have problems, although I have not) - More power (atleast 300hp instead of 260hp) - Brighter headlights - Stock tires pick up ALOT of nails

1st Mustang
By 1st Mustang

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i love driving this car, it has plenty of get up and go and at only 19000 miles is bone stock very well taken care of by the previous owner, beautiful torch red paint, bullitt wheels, and spotless inside and out, what a great find.

Favorite Features

looks great, 4.6 motor has plenty of power, auto trans shifts smoothly, growly stock exhaust, good tight feel

Suggested Improvements

suspension a little lumpy,could use just a few more horsepower, but still enough for myself!

OUTSTANDING
By KevinDK

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car just seems to fit me perfect. It reminds me of a cockpit actually. And man oh man does the car scream. I have loved Mustangs for years, and finally got one. Ford really does a good job with the stangs. A lot of people complain that it's pretty "normal" when it comes to features and luxuries.. Well it's a MUSCLE CAR, they aren't known for being like a Luxury car. They have less gadgets and more power. People who by Mustangs aren't concerned with such things, or gas mileage. For what it has, gas mileage is great however.

Favorite Features

POWER! RWD, the ability to turn traction control OFF. (It comes off unless it's raining..) Leather interior.. 6cd changer (Better than MOST 3rd party ones) Just over all bad-assed. Chicks dig em.

Suggested Improvements

Shorter throw shifter, maybe not have non-working hood scoop.. .Not much more I can really think of. The car is great.

Good Performance
By mustangboy

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love driving this car it is a dream come true. I have loved Mustangs since I was a little kid. I had a 97 v6 but it just wasn't enough so I got this one and it is amazing. Soon it will be able to run with its bigger brother the Cobra.

Favorite Features

I love the rumble of the exhuast and how it puts down the power to the ground.

Suggested Improvements

It should have had like 30-45 more horses

Roar
By Roar

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall this car is great for anyone. It doesnt have 350 horses under the hood but its got so giddy up. It's quick and always reliable. I have owned a Pontiac Trans-Am and this Mustang GT and by far I like driving the GT.

Favorite Features

Looks, quickness, stability, trac control and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more head room, I'm 6'1 and I have trouble seeing. Wish the brakes were bigger and wish it had about 30 mores horses under the hood.