2002 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

I trust over any new car.
By mommame

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a new car and had so many problems. Hard to work and picture it being a throw away car like some. I decided to go backwards to a 2002 V6 that reminds me more of the days a person could work on a car..HAHAHA There are some people who have these cars and they are over 200,000 miles. When you buy something at this age remember it may need a couple things. Don't gripe about it. Do your homework. Some people beat the Hell out of them. I happen to get mine from an older man in his 60's who took care of it.

Favorite Features

Mine is black with Bullit wheels. I have a flowmaster 44. Slightly blacked out taillights. It's fun to drive. Very easy going uphill.

Suggested Improvements

I have to say nothing. The rear seats area was going to be very small anyway.

My Blue Pony
By Jenstang

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am 23 and within reason, this is definitely my DREAM car!! I love the fact that I see all kinds of different people driving around in a Mustang-- frat boys, hot college chicks, moms, dads, even the occasional "Senior." This car is fun, fast and definitely an attention getter. I considered the GT, but decided the V6 was plenty of power and was told by a few other people that the little extra power you get is not worth the BIG insurance increase and frequent stops at the gas station. If you like to live life with the top down, this car will make you happy every day.

Favorite Features

The top goes down in about 10 seconds and is very easy to operate. The stereo is awesome and I love the galloping pony stiched into each of the front leather seats. Also, I think the "honeycomb" scoops add a lot of flair and interest to the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is pretty boring and a little plasticy. The dashboard could be a little more exciting as well. I'm sure that a couple of minor improvements could really add a lot of class to this car.