Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun Fun Fun!
By Lauren

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my convertible GT in Febuary and fell in love. She had less than 25,000 miles on her when i bought it. Very reliable and very fun to drive. She really has some pick up and go! Not only is the convertible fun to drive, it's fun to play with as well! I have flowmaster mufflers, a cold air intake, and various other modifications. The cool thing about mustangs is that it's not just a car, it can be a hobby.

Favorite Features

V8 power!, convertible, rear bumper, hood scoop, bullit style rims, beautiful sonic blue color

Love my Stang
By dcstang

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a convertable for my long commutes home. This is real therapy. I love my car- it has been very reliable. No problems AT ALL from 60-110,000 miles I've had it. Soon it will need some maintanence, but probably expected. Gas mileage could be better, but it's an older car with a TON of power under the hood. Pretty comfortable, but the back seat is impractical for adult use. I think only small kids actually fit. Good sized trunk for the size of the car and it always feels safe. I like the traction control feature and the handling is superb. It's an easy ride, although mine is a little loud which makes it difficult to hear sometimes. It's been a great ride and lots of fun!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, convertable, I like how the little triangle windows roll down.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat needs more room, no key hole in passenger door, better gas mileage.

Can't go wrong with American Muscle
By Riddick

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Girlfriend and I recently purchased the GT with less then 70,000 miles. Engine runs as good as anyone I have ever driven. The power is NICE! Don't have to worry about passing traffic or getting on the freeway. It's nice knowing those 300 pounds of torque are ready on tap anytime you need them. The car looks great with the top down and sure is a head turner where ever we go. For a 2002 model this car can almost kick the living crap out of any other car on the road when it comes to racing. 260 horse power and 302 pounds of torque well you get the picture. 0-60 in 5.4 secs and a quater mile time of 14.00 at 101 miles an hour, well that sure beats most imports by a mile even in 2009.

Favorite Features

V8 Engine, Hood Scoop, Convertible top and Bullet rims. Exaust rumble.

Suggested Improvements

wish the hood scoop and brake coolers really worked.

Dark Horse
By James Little

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang used. I have always loved the Mustangs. The only problem I had with mine is somebody changed the rear end oil and didnt seal it properly. I had to replace the gears and lsd. I replaced the 3.27s with 3.55s. Amazing. I have alot of mods: intake, exhaust, gears, suspension, rims, tires, shifter, audio, hand held tuner. The car responds well to mods. Through on an Eibach Pro System Plus Kit with good tires and the handling becomes go kart like. I recommend buying a Swarr Bar for the rear axles if you have a GT. This will make the car more predictable on take off and in corners. Only true problem I have had is the traction control kicking in too fast. I just turn it off.

Favorite Features

Engine, power, styling, low interior noise with soft top

Suggested Improvements

Traction control remembering previous setting (on/off).

3rd Mustang, The Best So Far
By Robert Clarke

2002 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had an attack of patriotism so I had to buy American, also 3rd mid-life crisis! More comfortable than I would have imagined, corners great and I love the sound. A little clunky, but hey, it's a Ford. Fast enough that you have to watch the speedometer. I drove from Idaho to NY and averaged 70 MPH, I got 24 MPG on regular gas! What's not to like? A lot of fun for the money!

Favorite Features

The quickness and the mufflers. The Mach 1000 stereo is insane!

Suggested Improvements

It's almost six years old and build quality was not great. Doors clunk when you close them, but I knew that going in. Newer ones are much better built.